totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Go Back   totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum > totalTalk > totalMINI Classifieds > MINIs For Sale
Reload this Page High Spec '59 Mini R56 fJCW - £10,495 ono

Click here to visit our sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
High Spec '59 Mini R56 fJCW - £10,495 ono
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalMember
sir_dave is on a distinguished road

Default High Spec '59 Mini R56 fJCW - £10,495 ono - 20th March 2017, 09:14 AM

After a random turn of events leading me to buy an RS3 last week, my much loved R56 fJCW is now for sale, purely due to a lack of parking, certainly not through a lack of desire to keep it – its brilliant fun!! The car was purchased on a bit of a whim in June 2016 after my R53 developed an oil usage problem and I needed something to go to Europe in.

The Mini is a later '59 reg factory John Cooper Works model, currently on 76k miles, with 10 months’ mot. The bodywork is in very good condition and in the lovely, & comparatively rare, British Racing Green. The service history is thorough, as below:

As you can see, the car was well serviced/looked after before I bought it, benefitting from the usual servicing at Mini, along with an oil service & cam chain tensioner being done by the 3rd owner – I no longer have the receipts for this however, hence it not being mentioned. This care continued under my stewardship (& then some!!) and as per my usual approach to cars, i have ensured that anything that needed replacing has been, often with much improved/longer-lasting aftermarket parts.

The current modifications are as follows:
· Helix Organic Clutch, Single Mass Flywheel & Quaife Limited Slip Differential
· Genuine Mini full leather front Recaros (coded properly so no warning lights)
· Mini “Lounge” rear leather seats to match
· AEM Induction Kit
· AEM front Strut Brace
· GP2 rear diffuser
· Airtec Intercooler (black to keep it OEM looking)
· Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers
· Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes
· Carbotech XP8 front Brake Pads with Castrol Super Response Dot 4 fluid

Unfortunately, when the car had the clutch/flywheel & diff fitted at Lohen, they accidentally overfilled the car with oil (relatively easy on the R56 as the dipstick is useless) which led to a premature failure of the valve stem seals. These were then renewed (at their cost) and I paid extra to have a full timing chain replacement & de-coke carried out at the same time – both very common R56 problems. My bill for the drivetrain/engine work at Lohen was just under £3k, with the other modifications coming to just over £3k – definitely no expense spared on this car!

A recent dyno at Surrey Rolling Road shows a nice & healthy power/torque curve, which means that naturally, for a Mini, the car pulls incredibly well!! The basic engine modifications, combined with the Ohlins coilovers, Quaife LSD & Brembo front brakes create an absolutely fantastic car to drive (think Clio 1*2, but with considerably more power) - its certainly one of my (many) cars that that i will miss the most!!

The car is pictured below, note that the Speedline Turinis are not for sale, & it will come on the original JCW wheels as per the last photograph.

]

And on the standard wheels:

I think that covers most things, but please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
Viewings can be done in either Hampton Hill during the day, or Weybridge at evenings/weekends.

£10,495 ono.
The above price is for the car as it is, with all modifications (bar the Turinis).
A lower price can be paid if you would prefer some of, if not all of the “bolt-on” parts to be removed – please pm to discuss.