totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Go Back   totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum > Model & Non-Model Specific > MINI John Cooper Works & GP > 2006 - Current, 2nd Generation
Reload this Page Clutch release bearing - covered up extended warranty?

Click here to visit our sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Clutch release bearing - covered up extended warranty?
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
Formally was Mini S Mad
JcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of light

Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,447 Posts

Icon9 Clutch release bearing - covered up extended warranty? - 4th November 2015, 08:44 AM

Hi guys

Anyone had there clutch release bearing covered under the extended warranty on a r56 Jcw?

Think sapphies has gone

She's booked in for 2wks time (earliest availability for a courtesy car!!) if we last that long!!

I've looked on the guide book but one says no ones says yes so I'm unsure

Any help or advice appreciated as got a feeling I'll have a fight on my hands with this one!!

Cheers
Dawn & sapphie :hugs:

MODERN MINI FRONT COVER STAR

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalMember
ihughes is on a distinguished road

Default 4th November 2015, 09:11 AM

I think the clutch release bearing is a wear & tear item like the clutch itself and brake pads and discs, so probably not covered.

The Following User Says Thank You to ihughes For This Useful Post:
JcwMiniAdventures (4th November 2015)
Clutch release bearing - covered up extended warranty?
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalAddict
Deezer-D is on a distinguished road

Default Clutch release bearing - covered up extended warranty? - 4th November 2015, 12:15 PM

I would think its wear and tear. If they strip it back to find out you'll be in for a hefty labour charge if it isn't defective and just worn. How many miles on your car? May as well do the clutch while they're in there. What makes you think it's the release bearing? Could be the clutch and flywheel. Mine were replaced at 44k.

The Following User Says Thank You to Deezer-D For This Useful Post:
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
Formally was Mini S Mad
JcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of light

Default 4th November 2015, 12:48 PM

Says under the details of the levels of cover bearings are covered & two other owners have had covered with a fight on there minis so I'll have to take pot luck I need it fixed

That's the shocking results she's just under 2momths short of being 4 & just over 19k!!

I don't know 100% but with reasurch, a well trusted mechanic being pretty sure & I've noticed a difference in the feel of clutch as had mini practically from new daily driven & noticing it's sometimes it's hard to get in gear.
Also when went to discuss the sound with dealers the guy I saw said monitor & see if depressing clutch stops the noise as that's was his hunch.

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
MinIan has disabled reputation

Default 4th November 2015, 01:22 PM

Wouldn't think it's covered Dawn

Release bearings generally tend to make a "clatter" noise and can go on for thousands of miles before they go pop !

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
TotallyObsessed
Jordan is on a distinguished road

Default 4th November 2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcwMiniAdventures View Post
Says under the details of the levels of cover bearings are covered & two other owners have had covered with a fight on there minis so I'll have to take pot luck I need it fixed

That's the shocking results she's just under 2momths short of being 4 & just over 19k!!

I don't know 100% but with reasurch, a well trusted mechanic being pretty sure & I've noticed a difference in the feel of clutch as had mini practically from new daily driven & noticing it's sometimes it's hard to get in gear.
Also when went to discuss the sound with dealers the guy I saw said monitor & see if depressing clutch stops the noise as that's was his hunch.

if you have done only short journeys over that time then 19k is irrelevant because you will use your clutch more than the average user on a motorway for example..

just be prepared to argue with your dealer and don't take the first thing they say.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordan For This Useful Post:
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
Formally was Mini S Mad

Default 4th November 2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
if you have done only short journeys over that time then 19k is irrelevant because you will use your clutch more than the average user on a motorway for example..

just be prepared to argue with your dealer and don't take the first thing they say.
Yes 90% of her life so far is short journeys

I will b as always end up with them. There last chance b4 I go bck to using dick Lovett Bristol

Old
  (#8 (permalink))
TotallyObsessed
Jordan is on a distinguished road

Default 4th November 2015, 04:46 PM

Dick Lovett Bristol told me I can run one run flat tyre on the same axle as a non runflat

I will never go there again

Old
  (#9 (permalink))
Formally was Mini S Mad

Default 4th November 2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Dick Lovett Bristol told me I can run one run flat tyre on the same axle as a non runflat

I will never go there again
Haven't been there for well over a year so can't comment but I did know the service manager at one point but he's prob left now

I'll give westerly one more chance as there the nearest & the dealer principle knows my mini. Pls I want to get her services & motd there in Dec but all the service guys have left

There both a nightmare round here

Old
  (#10 (permalink))
Formally was Mini S Mad

Default 4th November 2015, 09:40 PM

If not wellsway bath is my bck up but it's a fair treck