totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Stock JCW - Recommendations
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
JNTRUE is on a distinguished road

Icon10 Stock JCW - Recommendations - 17th August 2017, 11:05 AM

Hi guys

I have recently purchased a 2011 mini JCW from a dealership after selling my focus st3 2015 and I'm looking for recommendations from owners/prev owners based on experience.

I want some bang for my buck but nothing too drastic. This car will be my daily commuter (20 odd miles) but also needs to be fun for the weekends.

I want to achieve some more pops ans bangs out the back and juice the engine up a little bit.

I was looking into aem cold air intakes as they are easy enough to fit yourself but have read that a simple panel filter (itg or something) is just as good...and far cheaper.

Do I keep it stock for a while and then look to stage 1 manic mini map with a new decat downpipe? Or go for it straight away and get stage 2 with upgraded intercooler and downpipe (quoted 1200 all in parts and labour)

Welcome to suggestions. I know there are similar ish threads but always good to get fresh opinions again!

Cheers 🤜🏻🤛🏻

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
Jordan is Online
TotallyObsessed
Jordan is on a distinguished road

Default 17th August 2017, 03:59 PM

Stage two or nothing.

I have had AEM and just filter and I felt noticeable difference in the AEM since it's forcing air straight into the airbox through the scoop opening especially if you take out the little grille. You also have the benefit of the standard feed so winner winner.
I bought mine second hand for half the price so it's worth looking out for them on eBay or Facebook groups.
As for the rest. It's always advisable with these cars to go bigger intercooler, decat if you can handle it, and the manic map

Tags
jcw, manic motorsport, mini, stock, upgrades