totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
JCW thermostat issue.....
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
nimpy is Offline
totalBeginner
nimpy is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2014
   
Default JCW thermostat issue..... - 18th September 2014, 09:43 AM

Hi

I am looking to replace the infamous leaking thermo housing on a 2008 factory JCW, I was wondering if it just used the same part as a standard r56 Cooper S ?

Cheers
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
lampros is Offline
totalAddict
lampros is on a distinguished road
 
lampros's Avatar
 
Posts: 492
Thanks: 20
Thanked 73 Times in 58 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Reading, Berkshire
   
Default 18th September 2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimpy View Post
Hi

I am looking to replace the infamous leaking thermo housing on a 2008 factory JCW, I was wondering if it just used the same part as a standard r56 Cooper S ?

Cheers
yes, its the same...i replaced it as well
  
Reply With Quote
Re: JCW thermostat issue.....
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
Tigercub_uk is Offline
totalAddict
Tigercub_uk is on a distinguished road
 
Tigercub_uk's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,243
Thanks: 1,759
Thanked 866 Times in 746 Posts
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Staffordshire
   
Default Re: JCW thermostat issue..... - 18th September 2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimpy View Post
Hi

I am looking to replace the infamous leaking thermo housing on a 2008 factory JCW, I was wondering if it just used the same part as a standard r56 Cooper S ?

Cheers
Are they prone to leaking on a 2011 JCW too??


  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
superplumb2 is Offline
superplumb
superplumb2 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 88
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: staffs
   
Default 18th September 2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercub_uk View Post
Are they prone to leaking on a 2011 JCW too??
Had to have mine changed was just out of warranty (march2011 build)dealer went halves with cost which at least means it's guaranteed for 2years don't think it was leaking though just fan on all the time
  
Reply With Quote
Re: JCW thermostat issue.....
Old
  (#5 (permalink))
Tigercub_uk is Offline
totalAddict
Tigercub_uk is on a distinguished road
 
Tigercub_uk's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,243
Thanks: 1,759
Thanked 866 Times in 746 Posts
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Staffordshire
   
Default Re: JCW thermostat issue..... - 18th September 2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superplumb2 View Post
Had to have mine changed was just out of warranty (march2011 build)dealer went halves with cost which at least means it's guaranteed for 2years don't think it was leaking though just fan on all the time
Oh right. Mine is a March 2011 I have mini insured warranty on it so hopefully covered. What does it cost at BMW as I have a 100 excess be more than that to get it fixed I suppose. Mine is okay at the moment. I will keep my eye on it in case the fan keeps running then.


  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6 (permalink))
nimpy is Offline
totalBeginner
nimpy is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2014
   
Default 18th September 2014, 04:16 PM

sweet, cheers
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
Bainie is Offline
totalAddict
Bainie is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 154
Thanks: 1
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Join Date: May 2013
   
Default 18th September 2014, 06:29 PM

Got mine replaced under mini warranty (cherished) .
  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bainie For This Useful Post:
Tigercub_uk (18th September 2014)
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
superplumb2 is Offline
superplumb
superplumb2 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 88
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: staffs
   
Default 18th September 2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercub_uk View Post
Oh right. Mine is a March 2011 I have mini insured warranty on it so hopefully covered. What does it cost at BMW as I have a 100 excess be more than that to get it fixed I suppose. Mine is okay at the moment. I will keep my eye on it in case the fan keeps running then.
Should have been 300 ipaid 150 did not argue mainly because the service department told me that if I contributed to the cost it would be guaranteed for two years
  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to superplumb2 For This Useful Post:
Tigercub_uk (18th September 2014)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC2
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com