totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
On the verge of ordering a Cooper
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
The Governor is on a distinguished road

UJ On the verge of ordering a Cooper - 28th July 2017, 07:28 AM

Morning all,

I just registered as I'm looking for somewhere I can learn about the Mini, I'm looking to get my wife a new one and probably placing an order today.

What we're looking at is a new Cooper 5 Door Auto, with Pepper Pack for 224 a month (750 deposit) on a PCP. I've been pushing dealers quite hard and it feels like I've got as low as I can, but wanted to sense check in case I'm getting a worse deal than I think it is!

How does that measure up to what you guys have done?

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road

Default 28th July 2017, 12:12 PM

Welcome to tM I usually compare the dealer deals with quotes on the website below.

Cheap New Car brokers offering cheapest new car prices. Broker4cars.co.uk - The Uk's best new Car Broker

The quotes are provided by franchised MINI dealers so worth negotiating further if the online quote works out cheaper. Also, all MINI dealers are suffering with low sales at the moment, with some offering pre registered cars on 0% APR which will mean an even cheaper deal if you don't mind being a second owner on a brand new MINI.

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD. Kite blue, chilli pack, media pack, convertible pack, black xenon headlights, 17" silver conical alloys, runflat tyres, heated punch leather seats, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, chrome spot lights and folding door mirrors.

2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Light white, chilli pack, media pack, Harmon Kardon, black xenon headlights, panoramic sunroof, 18" star double spoke alloys, runflat tyres, heated lounge leather seats, heated windscreen, folding electric mirrors, auto dimming internal/external mirrors, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Crystal silver, chilli pack, media pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD. Crystal silver, chilli pack, vision pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Last edited by zf44; 28th July 2017 at 02:13 PM.

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 28th July 2017, 01:47 PM

Thanks very much, looking at that I got a pretty reasonable deal. I've been battering dealers for over a week to get to this point, they're really hard work!

Anyway, car ordered for the wife, just have to wait on a delivery date now She's never had a brand new car before so she's chuffed

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD

Default 28th July 2017, 02:12 PM

Congrats, what is the spec and colour did you go for? Having bought quite a few MINIs I only approach particular franchise groups knowing they will be competitive whilst other groups, which I won't name, show more interest in selling their paint protection or other insurance products than the car itself! I don't have time for them anymore.

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD. Kite blue, chilli pack, media pack, convertible pack, black xenon headlights, 17" silver conical alloys, runflat tyres, heated punch leather seats, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, chrome spot lights and folding door mirrors.

2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Light white, chilli pack, media pack, Harmon Kardon, black xenon headlights, panoramic sunroof, 18" star double spoke alloys, runflat tyres, heated lounge leather seats, heated windscreen, folding electric mirrors, auto dimming internal/external mirrors, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Crystal silver, chilli pack, media pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD. Crystal silver, chilli pack, vision pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 28th July 2017, 02:50 PM

My wife was adamant she wants a black one, having had two black cars I tried to talk her out of it, but she wasn't listening

So she's got:

1.5 Cooper, 5 Door, Auto in Midnight Black with Pepper Pack and Heated Screen, Rear Parking Sensors and Space Saver Wheel.

We couldn't stretch to the Chili Pack due to cost, but there's a lot in either pack that is hardly essential. To be honest I'd rather just be able to pick the bits you actually want than all this pack nonsense! I think she's going to be pretty chuffed, it's the first time she's picked what she specifically wanted and to be fair to her she isn't too worried about things like leather seats etc.

I know what you mean about the dealers they are murder, I hate the fact that you need to juggle three or four in one go just to be able to verify what you're being told.

With one I was asking for illustrations between PCP, HP and Hire because I was assessing our options and he told me that I was all over the place, which went down a storm, I explained I can't make an informed decision without the information. Trouble is they want you to commit to a particular route and don't like you comparing across the offerings because it makes them more transparent (which they don't like).

Last edited by The Governor; 28th July 2017 at 02:57 PM.

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD

Default 29th July 2017, 09:19 AM

We prefer lighter colours but nothing wrong with black, it's always popular! Sensible options you have chosen there and the heated windscreen is brilliant. Get some pics on when it is arrives.

Current

Previous

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Old
  (#7 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 29th July 2017, 10:54 AM

Black looks great clean, but is really prone to swirl marks etc if not washed properly, so it looks like I've copped for the maintenance on that

I'm actually pretty excited to get it, I bet it'll be a hoot when I borrow it (my car is a BMW M140i).

Old
  (#8 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD

Default 29th July 2017, 05:14 PM

M140i? That's special

Current

Previous

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

The Following User Says Thank You to zf44 For This Useful Post:
The Governor (30th July 2017)