totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Ceegee's F55 Works 210
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
ceegee is on a distinguished road

Default Ceegee's F55 Works 210 - 4th October 2017, 03:48 PM

Not sure if this is the correct section but admin feel free to move to where you feel is best! Anyway, this is my first post, I was a member many years ago on the old forum but I thought with a new car I would sign back up and create a new thread.

I've been a MINI owner for the past 9 years, owning a R50 Cooper and for the past 6 years R56 FJCW. Unfortunately I was struggling with the JCW, space became an issue and I began looking to move on from the brand 12 months ago. I arranged many test drives at BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc, but nothing gave me the excitement of driving the JCW.

I needed a 5 door and had originally dismissed the idea of a 5 door MINI as like many people, the F series just didn't appeal to me but having seen more and more on the road I decided to test drive a F55 Cooper S. Ultimately it was a great car but I felt like it was missing something. That was until I found out about the Cooper S Works 210. Luckily my local dealer had a five door version in the showroom and I was sold.

Using a quote from carwow, I approached the dealer and with a bit of persuasion managed to get the Works 210 for not much more than a F55 Cooper S would have cost. The car was ordered on the 14th August and I picked up the car last weekend.

The Spec ordered was;
F55 Cooper S Works 210
Sports Auto
Thunder Grey
Black Roof/Mirrors
Chili Pack
Media Pack
Front Heated Seats
Rear Darkened Glass
Anthracite Headlining

and of course, the car came with the all important JCW Enhanced kit - Tuning kit taking the car to 210bhp and the JCW pro exhaust.

I understand that the car is not a full FJCW but it is a great in between for those looking for the convenience of 5 doors but with the extra power from the JCW tuning kit. The phrase 'if you know, you know' comes to mind, people assume it is just a Cooper S but I love the idea that is a sleeper and once the exhaust is fully opened the noise is truly brutal. The car really shifts and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Anyway, for now heres a few pictures of the car I managed to quickly take today (Realised the driver door is slightly open). Will update the thread when I get chance to take some more;

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Cobstar is on a distinguished road

Default 4th October 2017, 04:37 PM

Very nice Enjoy.

More pictures when you get time please. I didn't like the look of the 5 door until I saw yours. Hmm -
I'm hoping my next car will be a 3 door JCW but maybe I need to rethink.

I really like Thunder Grey unadorned. What wheels have you got?

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road

Default 4th October 2017, 09:28 PM

Welcome back to tM and a nice spec. They are very popular, there were a number of them appearing on the MINI cherished website in the last month and most have now sold.

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD.
2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 5th October 2017, 04:10 PM

A quick question for you ceegee. As some of the JCW kit on the Works 210 is a dealer fit did your insurer charge extra for post manufacture modifications?

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 6th October 2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobstar View Post
A quick question for you ceegee. As some of the JCW kit on the Works 210 is a dealer fit did your insurer charge extra for post manufacture modifications?
Yes, tuning kit and exhaust were declared to the insurance as modifications. Not sure exactly how much extra I paid as I changed my address and added my wife on as a named driver so my premium increased anyway but it wasn't too much. My R56 JCW was modified so paying the extra has never bothered me. It was a challenge though explaining to the insurer what it was!

In response to your other question the wheels are the 17" Track Spoke. I could have specced the 18" Cup Spokes but wanted to keep things simple.

I plan on washing the car tomorrow so will get some better pictures up

The Following User Says Thank You to ceegee For This Useful Post:
Cobstar (6th October 2017)
Old
  (#6 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 6th October 2017, 08:25 PM

Thank you ceegee. I prefer the 17" track spokes

Looking forward to more photos.

The S Works 210 is starting to look very tempting as my local dealer has advised there are no 2017 build slots for UK JCWs.

Old
  (#7 (permalink))
totalMember
pilotwoo109 is on a distinguished road

Default 8th October 2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobstar View Post
The S Works 210 is starting to look very tempting as my local dealer has advised there are no 2017 build slots for UK JCWs.
Try a different dealer, as they all reserve build slots. I was told I could have a new JCW in 3 weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to pilotwoo109 For This Useful Post:
Cobstar (8th October 2017)
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 8th October 2017, 08:20 PM

Thank you pilotwoo 109. Having talked myself round to waiting till next year you've given my search fresh impetus. Just need to complete a house sale first.

Old
  (#9 (permalink))
totalMember
pilotwoo109 is on a distinguished road

Default 8th October 2017, 09:47 PM

No worries. You are spending a lot of money, so get what you want, not a compromise . Both are great cars, but the JCW is an amazing car.

Old
  (#10 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 9th October 2017, 10:07 AM

I agree with pilotwoo, if you've got your heart set on a JCW it'll be worth the wait.

Unfortunately for me the 3 door just wasn't practical enough anymore. If they produced a 5 door JCW then I would have ordered one straight away but for me the 210 is a great alternative.