totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
MINI Service- End of Warranty Check
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
negativeyardage is on a distinguished road

Default MINI Service- End of Warranty Check - 24th February 2017, 02:26 PM

Hi folks,
Iíve bought an approved used (2014 Countryman) from Sytner back in Sept.2016. Obviously it had its MOT and checks done before I was handed over the keys.

The car is coming up to its 3rd yr in May 2017 (marking the end of my manufacturer warranty) and therefore will be up for its last TLC covered service. I received a letter from Sytner asking if Iíd like to come in and get that service done and also get their ĎMOT Protectí package. Which is an add-on thing to give me (allegedly) peace of mind further down the line, leaving the normal wear and tear items to consider and the cost of the MOT.

Anyone has any experience with this and any opinions as to if it is something I actually do need or not given the car had its MOT with no issues just 5 month ago?

Also do you think there is any (incremental) advantage of booking the last free of charge service closer to the 3rd yr anniversary (say in late April) or getting it out the way now is just about the same thing?

Any input / opinions would be highlight appreciated.

-ny

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
1st Mini
7head is on a distinguished road

Default 25th February 2017, 09:51 AM

Hi,

I bought our CM from Sytner. It came with a full year Mini approved used warranty (as yours should if there was less than a year on the full manufacturer warranty period remaining) as part of the approved used scheme the MOT protection is free. If the car fails it's next MOT from a part that has worn it is replaced and is part of the approved used package.

R60 Cooper S auto, Pure red, chilli, media and light packs. Harman Kardon. Lots of mods to come.....

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road

Default 25th February 2017, 10:21 AM

The TLC service package should be for 5 years or 50k miles which ever comes sooner, what mileage has your CM covered? If less than 50k miles, I would wait for the onboard computer to prompt you to take it in for a service.

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD. Kite blue, chilli pack, media pack, convertible pack, black xenon headlights, 17" silver conical alloys, runflat tyres, heated punch leather seats, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, chrome spot lights and folding door mirrors.

2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Light white, chilli pack, media pack, Harmon Kardon, black xenon headlights, panoramic sunroof, 18" star double spoke alloys, runflat tyres, heated lounge leather seats, heated windscreen, folding electric mirrors, auto dimming internal/external mirrors, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Crystal silver, chilli pack, media pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD. Crystal silver, chilli pack, vision pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalBeginner
negativeyardage is on a distinguished road

Default 25th February 2017, 03:16 PM

Thanks both. I should brush up on my paperwork re full years coverage from the day I bought the car off Sytner.

Its on almost 24.7k miles now. I started getting the on board computer systems prompt about a month ago when I was on about 24.3k miles.

From the paper work I was given I understand it went under Mini Service (before my acquisition) when it was on 15.2k miles about 11 months ago.

Tags
mot protect, service, warranty