So here it is - my lovely Park Lane. I picked it up yesterday. Low miles, single owner, full dealer history originally from my local dealer Sycamore BMW.
It has a fair bit of spec on it too which is nice:
Here's the spec of my new armchair.
Park Lane Cooper bits include
- Climate Control
- Funky 2 Spoke steering wheel
- 16" alloys (I think these are unique to the PL)
- Lounge Leather seats
- Loads of chrome
- Cool dashboard<
Other extras I've found so far...
- Cruise control
- Parking sensors
- Heated seats
- Xenon headlights with auto on
- Harman Kardon stereo
- 6CD changer
- Puddle lights
- Chrono pack
And this is the other car -
The reason for buying the PL is so that I have a new daily for while I do a nut and bolt rebuild on this one.
Which started out as a 2003 R50 Cooper with Chili Pack that I bought in Feb 2006 from Sycamore BMW in Peterborough.
Notable spec (can't be bothered to list everything) currently stands at
- Cooper S bumpers, bonnet, spoiler
- Cooper S engine conversion, air con delete, pulley, other bits
- Fidanza flywheel and FX400 clutch
- R56S brakes all round, Nitrac discs
- Alloy rear trailing arms, adjustable rARB, adjustable control arms, adjustable drop links
- Mixed coilovers
- Poly bushed everything
- Mostly stripped interior
- Stack gauges
- TD Pro Race 2 17x7 alloys, staggered offsets, direct fitment, 215/45/17 rubber
- Most parts have been altered in some way or other
The car shall be completely stripped to a shell and rebuilt as a track day toy. Target spec to follow. I shall be doing all the work myself except for paint and tuning.