totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Cooper Tonbridge
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalAddict
Works Clubbie is on a distinguished road

Default Cooper Tonbridge - 15th February 2017, 08:35 PM

I had an e-mail from Mini asking if I would like to enter a competition to have use of a Mini for a year the qualifying rules were that I needed to test drive the new countryman. I entered my details and was contacted by the dealership where i had bought my F56 JCW about 20 months ago.
The experience was so different to any of my previous visits, so much so that it has made me seriously consider whether a Mini will be my next car.
The sales staff were so matter of fact, asking if me and my wife wanted a coffee and then pointing to a coffee machine to make it ourselves, the knowledge of the sales guy was so poor he didn't even know how the powerfold mirrors worked. When I asked a few more questions regarding fuel consumption he did not know the figures because the Countryman was a new car and he hadn't been on the training course? Then to cap it all I asked whether he could ensure that I was entered into the competition to drive the Mini for a year, his response was he didn't know anything about it and to go online to enter the competition. The test drive itself was OK but the attitude of the staff added to the fact they totally ignored my request to be contacted by e-mail only not phone. The phone call was the final straw offering me up to 17,000 for a 20 month old car that cost double that and has 8000 miles on the clock. Rant over

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road

Default 17th February 2017, 04:28 PM

Don't get me started.... wanted to source a replacement for our Countryman. Approached a well known MINI franchise group and all they were interested in was selling me GAP insurance and paint protection. When I asked for a video of their demo they sent me a video of the benefit of paint protection! I took my business elsewhere.......

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD. Kite blue, chilli pack, media pack, convertible pack, black xenon headlights, 17" silver conical alloys, runflat tyres, heated punch leather seats, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, chrome spot lights and folding door mirrors.

2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Light white, chilli pack, media pack, Harmon Kardon, black xenon headlights, panoramic sunroof, 18" star double spoke alloys, runflat tyres, heated lounge leather seats, heated windscreen, folding electric mirrors, auto dimming internal/external mirrors, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Crystal silver, chilli pack, media pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD. Crystal silver, chilli pack, vision pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
Project Hellboy I
Zi Man is on a distinguished road

Default 18th February 2017, 01:19 PM

Sad times, there was a time when enthusiasts worked there and enjoyed it and you could tell the difference now they are simply trying to make their next quota and don't really care.

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Sim_Nugget is on a distinguished road

Default 28th February 2017, 05:52 PM

I went into Tonbridge to buy a Challenge and the guy had never heard of it and suggested I had missed the boat by a long time on the Challenge 210. Pitiful part-ex offer meant I went elsewhere.

I wouldn't buy a car from them, but the parts department is great and I would give them a shot at servicing / warranty.

S