totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Go Back   totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum > totalTalk > Dealership Feedback
Reload this Page Listers Mini Kings Lynn

Click here to visit our sponsors

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#11 (permalink))
zf44 is Offline
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road
 
zf44's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 90
Thanked 296 Times in 257 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gloucestershire
   
Default 1st December 2017, 06:30 PM

Surprised on the runflats. It's published everywhere that alloy sizes 18" and over (on BMWs/MINIs) are only supplied with runflats from the factory. Is the winter pack offered by the dealer? I'm not sure what that is. If the dealer is being awkward, place your complaint on MINI's Facebook page and that will with get some attention from MINI HQ.

Aftersale service from some dealers is clearly appalling.


Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD.
2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12 (permalink))
yorkie is Offline
totalMember
yorkie is on a distinguished road
 
yorkie's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: moved to norfolk
   
Default 1st December 2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zf44 View Post
Surprised on the runflats. It's published everywhere that alloy sizes 18" and over (on BMWs/MINIs) are only supplied with runflats from the factory. Is the winter pack offered by the dealer? I'm not sure what that is. If the dealer is being awkward, place your complaint on MINI's Facebook page and that will with get some attention from MINI HQ.

Aftersale service from some dealers is clearly appalling.
don't do face ach, have been in touch with mini this morning, car was ordered with out run flats by dealer from factory after telling me you could only have it on run flats, mini told me it should have run flats, on paper we didn't pay for them, winter pack is front and rear rubber mats rubber boot liner and a load of cleaning stuff

Last edited by yorkie; 2nd December 2017 at 07:14 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13 (permalink))
zf44 is Offline
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road
 
zf44's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 90
Thanked 296 Times in 257 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gloucestershire
   
Default 1st December 2017, 08:13 PM

These issues can be easily resolved by the dealer through goodwill, I would pursue especially with the large value of your purchase.


Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD.
2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14 (permalink))
yorkie is Offline
totalMember
yorkie is on a distinguished road
 
yorkie's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: moved to norfolk
   
Default 16th May 2018, 08:53 AM

wish we had never bought our mini,garage is usless,phoned after going in last Wednesday,not heard any thing,phoned yesterday asked for bloke we saw was told he was busy would phone back later,spoke to him this morning and he said he wasn't in yesterday,manager was supposed to phone yesterday and didn't ,supposed to be be phoning tomorrow,dont think he will,manager who was in charge when we bought it has left,still never had a curtesy call from salesman after buying the car,bits that nead repacing are pocket money price it is the principal of it,this is the last mini we will ever own!
  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yorkie For This Useful Post:
dave77 (16th May 2018)
Old
  (#15 (permalink))
dave77 is Offline
totalMember
dave77 is on a distinguished road
 
dave77's Avatar
 
Posts: 36
Thanks: 47
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Belfast
   
Default 16th May 2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
wish we had never bought our mini,garage is usless,phoned after going in last Wednesday,not heard any thing,phoned yesterday asked for bloke we saw was told he was busy would phone back later,spoke to him this morning and he said he wasn't in yesterday,manager was supposed to phone yesterday and didn't ,supposed to be be phoning tomorrow,dont think he will,manager who was in charge when we bought it has left,still never had a curtesy call from salesman after buying the car,bits that nead repacing are pocket money price it is the principal of it,this is the last mini we will ever own!
I feel your pain, when I ordered my new JCW Hatch I also ordered the Mini tuning exhaust for it but when the car was delivered I was told my engine was too new and it couldn`t be fitted. This was the only reason i bought the car.
Not happy and even more unhappy that the dealer couldn`t help.
I have seen newer than mine JCW`s with the exhaust fitted.
I to won`t be buying another Mini.


Cheers,
Dave
Mini Hatch JCW
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16 (permalink))
yorkie is Offline
totalMember
yorkie is on a distinguished road
 
yorkie's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: moved to norfolk
   
Default 16th May 2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave77 View Post
I feel your pain, when I ordered my new JCW Hatch I also ordered the Mini tuning exhaust for it but when the car was delivered I was told my engine was too new and it couldn`t be fitted. This was the only reason i bought the car.
Not happy and even more unhappy that the dealer couldn`t help.
I have seen newer than mine JCW`s with the exhaust fitted.
I to won`t be buying another Mini.
both dealers and mini are the same not interested,got more sense out of a bmw sales man this morning,have been told more lies by both than ever before when buying anything,will see what happens when go to another dealer in a week or two,if get no help it will be going
  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yorkie For This Useful Post:
dave77 (17th May 2018)
Old
  (#17 (permalink))
zf44 is Offline
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road
 
zf44's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 90
Thanked 296 Times in 257 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gloucestershire
   
Default 17th May 2018, 07:58 AM

Itís always a hit and miss with dealers, Iíve never met a dealer who excel both in sales and aftersales. Iím been very lucky in the my local dealer have been in exceptional in the way they handle the servicing of our MINIs, answering our queries and not having to wait for weeks for matters to be resolved. Itís a sad state of affairs when staff working at these dealerships donít have the common courtesy in responding to calls. All I am going to say social media has become a very powerful tool, if you have the time to spare I would complain on MINIís Facebook site and place a google review against the dealer, that should shame them.


Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD.
2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18 (permalink))
yorkie is Offline
totalMember
yorkie is on a distinguished road
 
yorkie's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: moved to norfolk
   
Default 17th May 2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zf44 View Post
Itís always a hit and miss with dealers, Iíve never met a dealer who excel both in sales and aftersales. Iím been very lucky in the my local dealer have been in exceptional in the way they handle the servicing of our MINIs, answering our queries and not having to wait for weeks for matters to be resolved. Itís a sad state of affairs when staff working at these dealerships donít have the common courtesy in responding to calls. All I am going to say social media has become a very powerful tool, if you have the time to spare I would complain on MINIís Facebook site and place a google review against the dealer, that should shame them.
don't do face book,they have already had the appropriate revue,mini are no better at returning contact of any type
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19 (permalink))
yorkie is Offline
totalMember
yorkie is on a distinguished road
 
yorkie's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: moved to norfolk
   
Default 18th May 2018, 03:44 PM

finally got hold of manager today,said about changing to black ones,didnt think there would be a problem,we would pay for front,not aloud by mini has to be the same part number for warenty never heard such rubbish,mini are worse than dealers,dont think we will have it by the time of first service,they all just want your money worse brand we have ever delt with
  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yorkie For This Useful Post:
dave77 (21st May 2018)
Old
  (#20 (permalink))
yorkie is Offline
totalMember
yorkie is on a distinguished road
 
yorkie's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: moved to norfolk
   
Default 21st May 2018, 04:53 PM

light surround problem solved, not by a mini dealer or mini, quite simple really and just proves how useless main dealers are and how they are only interested in getting new cars on the road,speaking in general and the words there is nothing wrong with them, your dealer just hasn't cleaned the car before it has bean polished and had there pro tech put on, it is the wax that is on new cars, so the roof and the bonnet are the same, rubbed lights for about an hour with traffic film remover and all shinny as they should be, do not fancy t cutting a new car to get it off the roof and bonnet, one good thing it will never rust, never trust a large multi franchise car dealer, they only want your money ,if it had been on finance we would be handing it over to the finance company to sort out, will be going to a mini specialist for any thing else where your custom is there living so they need you to go back again
  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC2
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com