totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Lancaster MINI Milton Keynes
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Ferrari F14T is on a distinguished road

Default Lancaster MINI Milton Keynes - 14th May 2014, 09:57 PM

Bad customer service.....
Clubvan broke down was brought to dealer on a recovery truck.
I had rang dealer so they knew it was coming to them, this was first thing in the morning before 9 am.
No feedback all day, rang dealer and got a short response after being left on hold for ages..... Apparently because it was not booked in it went to the back of the cue.
I am not sure how long it takes to plug in the diagnostic computer....
Never expected it to be fixed in the day but thought it may get looked at at least.
Heard nothing the whole of next day, rang in on the third day and had to moan to get any answer.
Fault was rectified and I was called to collect.
Got to dealer and waited 45 mins for it, even though it was ready, when it was presented to me in there handover area it was filthy dirty and had oily hand marks on bonnet and doors so I made them clean it.
So overall I was there for well over an hour to collect.
Shame the service is so bad, I was treated so well by sales lady I hoped it would be the same with service.
Irony of the story is I am a service manager and if I dealt with customer breakdowns like this I would not have many customers coming to me....
Good service and good communication cost little but mean a lot to people.

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 18th May 2014, 01:16 PM

Even more annoyed with this dealer now, it appears the bonnet was removed when it was repaired but it appears not to have been put back on correctly.....
The bonnet is all out of line and the shut lines are everywhere.
Some choice words to be had with the dealer in the morning.

I never thought to look when I picked it up never knew they would have done such a thing.....

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalAddict
Scottyg is on a distinguished road

Default 18th May 2014, 01:32 PM

It's such a simple thing to get right but so many dealers don't win awards for it. When you find a dealer who does then stick with them as I have done. I've also changed the dealer for buying as well as my old one knew the best part of nothing.

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalMember
S6 EMY is on a distinguished road

Default 18th May 2014, 03:57 PM

That's shocking service. It doesn't take 30 secs to give the customer a quick heads up, good or bad, at least they know and are not waiting on a call all day (there's nothing worse). My thinking is at least if they tell you what's going on you can make other arrangements rather than rushing around like a blue arsed fly trying to sort lifts etc when you find out they actually need the car for x amount of days. Grrrrr!

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
totalMember
Lady C is on a distinguished road

Default 20th May 2014, 10:13 PM

Out of interest do you know who you dealt with in service? I travel the extra miles past Northampton MINI who are cr*p to go to MK as never had any issues with them & we also have our work account here

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 29th May 2014, 07:32 PM

Hi Lady C,

I was on holiday hence my slow reply.
I was given a lady with 'customer service support' to deal with me.

To be fair to them they came up trumps on my second visit, collected it, leant me a BMW, valleted it, kept me informed all day, dropped it off, and...... Fixed the faults. :-)

I hope this is the end if my issues and this standard of service is what I get every time.
It is a shame it had to go so wrong to get put right.
I now know who to speak to in the dealer and they know what a tough customer I am! :-D

I was fair to them and send an email to all involved thanking them for there help as we all make mistakes and get stuff wrong but it is important to thank where it is due and maybe this may inspire them in the future..?

Old
  (#7 (permalink))
Mini mini mini!!
Webbianno is just really niceWebbianno is just really niceWebbianno is just really niceWebbianno is just really nice

Default 29th May 2014, 07:36 PM

To be fair I always have to chase for updates, but they have always been good..

Greg the sales manager and Michael in service are always helpful...

Did prefer it when they had specific mini service though....feels a bit like they do the beepers first and then deal with the mini's later.

mini has gone.......I will be back!

Old
  (#8 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Ollie is on a distinguished road

Default 31st May 2017, 11:34 AM

Have to say my last visit to Lancaster Milton Keynes was pretty shoddy.

I phoned them to report a knocking noise on my 65 plate Countryman. I told them that it wasn't too bad but it warranted a look at. I also told them that my service indicator was showing 1300 miles to go. The service department rep told me that they would check out the knocking noise and carry out the service all at the same time and booked me in for the following week.

I requested a courtesy car while mine was with them which the offered to me. One thing that really annoyed me was the fact I was told I would have to pay 15.00 for an insurance waiver that reduced the excess to 250.00 in the event of an accident. I was also informed that I would have to replace any fuel that I used. Now correct me if I am wrong, but that isn't a courtesy car, that is a rental car. I have never been asked to do this at any other dealer that I have received a courtesy car from.

Anyway, that aside, I dropped the car with them at 8 am. Was given a lovely Clubman while mine was being serviced. Or so I thought.....

I got a call at 3.30 pm and was told that Mini would not authorise the service due to it being more than 1000 outside of the service window. I had explained to the rep where the car was at mileage wise and he had still told me to bring the car into him. So they had not serviced the car, but to add to that, they now didn't have time to look into the knocking noise that I had reported. All in all it was a complete waste of my time. I didn't get an apology of any sort. I was extremely annoyed about having my time wasted as I had clearly explained to the service rep on the phone that I was happy to wait until it hit the service due mileage.

Needless to say my tone and body language was enough for them not to ask me to pay for the insurance waiver or for any of the fuel I used.

I can't imagine that I will be using them again. I will be going to Elms in Bedord or Wollaston Mini.

Cooper S Countryman All4 Park Lane

Old
  (#9 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road

Default 1st June 2017, 03:59 PM

Very poor customer service, they really messed you around. The norm is to charge for courtesy cars now adays if you want to opt for a lower insurance excess. I don't tend to bother with paying with my own insurance covering but I do have to replace the fuel which I had to do with all MINI/non MINI dealers.

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD.
2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Old
  (#10 (permalink))
totalBeginner
vaguely is on a distinguished road

Default 5th September 2017, 08:00 PM

Worth adding another perspective on Lancaster MK.

Some numpty drove a supermarket trolley into my passenger door (presumed: I thought it was someone opening their door without looking, but Darren from Lancaster thought it more likely a trolley). I didn't spot it until the day after and 50 miles way, so unrecoverable. Drove to Lancaster in the (obviously forlorn) hope that the repair would be below the excess. Ha. Ha.

Darren took pics and by the time I got home (15 mins or so) had emailed a quotation. Within 10 mins it was sorted with the insurer (LV, if you are interested). Since I wanted to go away, and since they had no loaner cars immediately available, I went for Twisty Welsh Road Fun for a week, then took it on the Monday and picked up the loaner (I waived the 15 a day thing, since I wasn't going to be driving much anyway and the odds seemed good). Loaner was a Cooper auto, which was interesting since I hadn't driven an auto for donkeys yonks (they would have changed it had I wanted).

Come the Thursday I got a call from Lancaster that the car had been done, but that Darren was not happy with the paint job and had sent it back and my loan was extended.

Got a call late the following Tues (after Bank Hol) that it was ready and that the annual service, EoW check and first MoT had been completely.

Nearly missed being able to pick it up 'cos the A509 was rammed.

Ashlee from services was excellent, as was her colleague and whose name I didn't catch and Darren was a model professional.

(A couple of weeks earlier - knowing I was planning the Wales trip - I drove in to get a tyre valve checked since I got an unexpected low pressure warning and they stripped down the wheel and checked and cleaned everything while I waited with coffee and the latest issue of 442 Magazine)