totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
New Clubbie.......
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalAddict
SummerIsle will become famous soon enoughSummerIsle will become famous soon enough

Default New Clubbie....... - 1st December 2015, 06:26 AM

Picked p my new Clubman yesterday afternoon, OMG, what a MINI!! Burgundy and Silver with 17" Net Alloys, blue leather, HK, Chilli, Heads Up display, Pure Burgundy interior trim..... wow, just wow!

For a MINI so much bigger than my current Clubman I was expecting it to feel bloated, yet looks wise she doesn't look that much bigger in the flesh than the previous Clubbie, lower and wider, but certainly doesn't look a foot longer... the stance - even with standard suspension - is spot on!

Engine wise I was looking forwards to driving the Cooper D, the test drive I had was in a Petrol Cooper, and the D is much more than the motorway cruiser I was expecting, the 2.0L Diesel engine is very responsive, far quicker to accelerate and despite the car being heavier it doesn't feel it, in fact it feels nippy! I haven't had the chance to see how she handles on the twisties yet, but I don't feel worried about the handling, with everything else being upgraded over the previous Clubbie I would be surprised if it isn't excellent - possibly not quite as good as hubby's Coupe, but we shall see when I get the chance to go and play!

Inside, wow, just wow! The quality is what I would expect from a top end BMW or Merc, far beyond either my 1st or 2nd Gen MINI - both of which were good at the time! Heated seats are fab, the Pure Burgundy illuminated trim looks awesome, individual air con is great, heads up display is amazing, truly I am blown away with this MINI, she is beautiful!

Harmon Kardon Hifi is amazing - as always - the Sat Nav and interface / idrive system is simple and easy to use, the LED headlights are a massive upgrade over the previous model.

Boot space is huge, cabin space is generous, I am 6' 1" and another 6" tall person can still fit behind me - an impossibility in either of my previous MINI.

Road noise is significantly quieter than the 2nd gen, but without a decent long journey I cant really say whether it becomes an annoyance or not.

Overall 10/10 MINI, well done!!

Quibbles? If I had the choice I would have preferred to see the frameless glass in the doors, the 'frames' don't look anywhere near as good as the frameless glass of the 3 door MINI - although I believe this is more to do with the safety / sturdiness of the doors being smaller than the 3 Door doors.

Preloved - Bluebell - 'O5 MC EB/B Chilli, HK, Full Leather Gravity, Chrono pack, chrome int, chrome ext, privacy glass, sunroof, bonnet stripes, 6 disc bootchanger, sports suspension plus, JCW Sound Kit.
Preloved - Rusty - '13 MINI SO/B Dooper Clubman, media, chilli, custom full leather seats, PDC, privacy glass, sports suspension, HK, 4 seat option, bonnet stripes.
Currently a 2 MINI household with Jet - hubby's Cooper Coupe - '15 Black, Silver Viper Stripes, Red Interior trim, Boost Radio and HF - and Ruby - my new 2015 Clubman Cooper D - Burgundy and Silver, Chilli, HK, Blue Leather, HUD, Pure Burgundy Interior, Privacy Glass, Anthracite headlining

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SummerIsle For This Useful Post:
Marcus (14th December 2015), McLaren (1st March 2017)
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalMember
Kenziebracing is on a distinguished road

Default 1st December 2015, 12:10 PM

That gets a Like from me. Enjoy! Can't wait for my JCW to show up!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenziebracing For This Useful Post:
mavrik64 (29th July 2016), SummerIsle (1st December 2015)
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalAddict
xxxx5 is on a distinguished road

Default 1st December 2015, 08:51 PM

That looks great. It arrived quick from initial order?

2016 Clubman Cooper D, chill pack, pano roof, pepper white, black roof, folding door mirrors, chrome interior and exterior, media XL, 18" black star alloys

Gone2013 Countryman SD, black with white roof - John Works kit , chill, media packs, sunroof, spots, sports aerial, lounge leather, DLR's plus a lot, lot more +++++

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxx5 For This Useful Post:
SummerIsle (2nd December 2015)
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalAddict
SummerIsle will become famous soon enoughSummerIsle will become famous soon enough

Icon10 2nd December 2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxx5 View Post
That looks great. It arrived quick from initial order?
I placed the order 3 days after launch, and managed to get an early build slot, so it was quicker than normal... I believe they are now looking at Feb for delivery for any new orders... seems to have been quite successful... and I can see why

Preloved - Bluebell - 'O5 MC EB/B Chilli, HK, Full Leather Gravity, Chrono pack, chrome int, chrome ext, privacy glass, sunroof, bonnet stripes, 6 disc bootchanger, sports suspension plus, JCW Sound Kit.
Preloved - Rusty - '13 MINI SO/B Dooper Clubman, media, chilli, custom full leather seats, PDC, privacy glass, sports suspension, HK, 4 seat option, bonnet stripes.
Currently a 2 MINI household with Jet - hubby's Cooper Coupe - '15 Black, Silver Viper Stripes, Red Interior trim, Boost Radio and HF - and Ruby - my new 2015 Clubman Cooper D - Burgundy and Silver, Chilli, HK, Blue Leather, HUD, Pure Burgundy Interior, Privacy Glass, Anthracite headlining

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
totalAddict
PhilK is on a distinguished road

Default 2nd December 2015, 10:31 AM

I was taken by the clubman when I finally saw it last month. So much so I strongly considered it to replace the coupé. However the lure of the JCW was too strong.

Congratulations on a cracking motor!

[CENTER]
Kite Blue / Black R58 JCW Coupé
... Coming soon Moonwalk Grey / Red F56 JCW - Jackson ...

2015 Modern MINI Lifetime Achievement Oscar Winner | Modern MINI May / June 2015 People Profile
MINI TAKES THE STATES 2014 Coast to Coast - San Francisco to Boston
MINI United 2012 - The Fast Five! Nice / Monaco / Circuit Paul Ricard / Millau Viaduct

The Following User Says Thank You to PhilK For This Useful Post:
SummerIsle (2nd December 2015)
Old
  (#6 (permalink))
totalAddict

Icon10 2nd December 2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilK View Post
I was taken by the clubman when I finally saw it last month. So much so I strongly considered it to replace the coupé. However the lure of the JCW was too strong.

Congratulations on a cracking motor!
Lol, I am not surprised.... we are fortunate that where we live we have to have 2 cars, and as they did me a damn good deal we got hubby a Cooper Coupe at the same time as I ordered my Clubbie.... I am now in hock to MINI for about the same as the mortgage each month, but it was worth it (and a recent promotion and pay rise made it possible)

Have to say even the basic Cooper Coupe is an impressive MINI, I would have loved to get him a Coupe S or a JCW instead of the Cooper Coupe... but funds don't run quite that far atm

Old
  (#7 (permalink))
totalAddict
Derfinn is on a distinguished road

Default 3rd December 2015, 11:45 AM

Beautiful, Suzanne.

Enjoy!

Must get onto my dealer again, I was promised their Dooper Clubman for a weekend!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Derfinn For This Useful Post:
Marcus (14th December 2015), mavrik64 (29th July 2016), SummerIsle (3rd December 2015)
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
totalAddict

Icon10 3rd December 2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfinn View Post
Beautiful, Suzanne.

Enjoy!

Must get onto my dealer again, I was promised their Dooper Clubman for a weekend!
Thanks Derfinn, I hope they let you have a play... it is awesome! Faster than any of the 3 other MINI I have driven and much much more luxurious to boot!

Old
  (#9 (permalink))
totalAddict
maximillian is on a distinguished road

Default 17th August 2016, 03:32 PM

How practical are the rear clam doors? What happens if you are parked close up to a car at the rear and you press the rear doors open button by mistake?

Thanks.

Old
  (#10 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Sergehog is on a distinguished road

Default 30th August 2016, 11:17 PM

I'm looking at moving from my cooper D hatch to the clubman cooper D. What are the real world mpg figures like as I presently do around 35k miles a year and need to take economy/size into consideration.
This will be my first company car and so far hate the normal company car choices and want to stick with a mini.