Old
  (#7 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road

Default 30th October 2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCoopSD View Post
Good right up.

Just back from collecting my 2wd SD from my local indy, front and rear pads and sensors replaced at 32,600 miles. Main dealer had advised at start of July that front pads needed done asap and it also needed front discs, with rear pads not that far away either. Managed another 4000miles before sensor light came on so got it booked in for checking. Front discs were fine surprisingly, having been told by Mini they were required! Wallet is lighter now by 192. ��

As for tyres, ditched Pirelli P7 RFT's at around 14000miles once fronts were done and replaced with Goodyear F1's all round. Fronts were replaced again last month with Hankook Evo2's.

1st MOT booked in for Thursday at Mini along with end of warranty inspection, hopefully flies through with no problems.

Unfortunately I have had itchy feet since the summer and now want a M135i but 3000 negative equity has but a hold on that for the time being. This along with the new tyres and brakes looks like the CM will be staying for a wee bit longer.
Thanks, with only doing motorway miles hoping to replace the front/rear pads around 40k miles (as the sensors indicate). Have to say, although build quality dropped badly on our previous Golfs/Beetles, brake durability was much better!!

Surprised your Pirelli RFT only lasted up to 14k miles, both our CMs came with 18" Goodyear Efficient Grip RFT and the ride/road noise is fine for us (but I wish I could say the same on the 17" RFTs on our Roadster which helps you to feel every bump in the road but I blame the stiffer chassis/suspension for that!).

Another 2 1/2 years to go on MINI Select for the CM so will wait and see how the next generation CM looks before deciding to take the plunge but like you I'm sure that my model is in negative equity too.

Good luck with the MOT!

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD.
2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

The Following User Says Thank You to zf44 For This Useful Post:
CMCoopSD (30th October 2015)