View Single Post
Old
  (#61 (permalink))
RT2002MCS is Offline
totalAddict
RT2002MCS is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 122
Thanks: 21
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Teesside
   
Default 19th March 2017, 05:58 PM

Completed the drivers side rear arch everything back together with a generous coating of Dynax UC cavity wax.

Started on the passenger side rear arch, all the rust spots marked out. (Spot welds, captive nuts and seams)

Ground back (Dremel then decided to burn the motor out) and zinc rich primer applied.

Seam sealer and then Stonechip coating applied


Top coat applied and left to dry before putting everything back and applying cavity wax

This is what started all this off, the battery box, lots of surface rust on the seams, ground back, primed with zinc rich paint and then a lot of seam sealer applied and left to dry for next weekend.


This was during the grinding


I then thought bollocks I may as well sort out the area behind the crash beam.
Rust spots sanded away

The whole area was then cleaned and keyed and masked up, ready for seam sealer and zinc rich primer.

Fully coated in stonechip

Top coat and clear coat

Back together waiting for the crash beam to dry, yes I've cleaned that up and painted it also. I will also need to cover the drivers side box section, where the duct tape was hanging off, sprayed cavity wax in the exposed box sections. I replaced the rusted and rotten fixing screws (Cotswold mini quick delivery)
  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RT2002MCS For This Useful Post:
KarlW11R50 (19th March 2017), Sportspack Mark (14th April 2017)