View Single Post
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
Formally was Mini S Mad
JcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of lightJcwMiniAdventures is a glorious beacon of light

Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,444 Posts

Default 19th April 2017, 10:12 PM

I was in exac same dilemma will be 3yrs ago on Dec. Like you I debated but I knew with a n14 late 2011 fjcw most of the known issues were covered. I went intially for the lower monthly cost but the excess just incase I didn't need it's that better the devil you know. If you have a good indo your confident could fix any issues that would arise then it's up to you but in my case I didn't so that's what swung it for me in the end. So glad I did continue it as less than a year in I had to christen for a release bearing & backing plate between clutch flywheel & gearbox. Exac 11 months later I had full clutch replaced incld the other parts replaced second time as they wouldn't do as was within normal tolarwnces all under warranty. Thankfully second time I bit the bullet & paid more a month & no excess just in time. So for me personally yes it was worth it & got my money worth bck on the full clutch as that would have cost 2-3k so I know I've not paid that in premiums
I know don't begrudge the 70 going out each month now

Here's my old thread asking the question - Extend sapphies warranty or not - HELLLLLP & advice needed pls

MODERN MINI FRONT COVER STAR

Last edited by JcwMiniAdventures; 19th April 2017 at 10:17 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to JcwMiniAdventures For This Useful Post:
Oakleyguy (20th April 2017)