View Single Post
Karl's totalBOSS Park Lane, and W11R50 track car build thread
Old
  (#72 (permalink))
totalAddict
KarlW11R50 is on a distinguished road

Default Karl's totalBOSS Park Lane, and W11R50 track car build thread - 21st April 2017, 10:13 AM

I haven't updated this for a while.

Bought myself a GP, 6 months later I sold the Park Lane as I was barely using it, and my track car is still progressing extremely slowly.

GP is just a kind of keep it clean, maintain it and drive it daily kind of thing so not much to say there. Coilovers are on their way, then I'll​make some adjustable front topmonts for it, fit R56 rear brakes, SPC control arms and some poly bushes. I'll get a Janspeed mani on it at some point then go the injectors, cam, tune route. Currently running on 17" TDs that desperately need replacing - the original 18" wheels are just too big and heavy and ruin the ride.

As for track car -

I made some spherical rod ended control arms,

Installed my rear subframe,

Fitted most of the rear axle components,

(these are temporary coilovers, they are going on the GP and I'll get something nicer for this car)

Rear trailing arm bushes are my own design. They use spherical bearings for ultimate performance (I sell these 250 a set pre installed into the brackets if anyone is interested),

Videos of the free motion are here on my Instagram account -

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRndGQYj6uF/

I've also designed some spherical bearing rear topmonts that shall soon be going into production, around 220 a set,

Just had fuel tank bracket powder coated,

And I'm starting on the front subframe now,

The Following User Says Thank You to KarlW11R50 For This Useful Post:
tcbw (21st April 2017)