View Single Post
Review after 2 weeks on car
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Ant73 is on a distinguished road

Default Review after 2 weeks on car - 17th August 2017, 10:08 AM

had this remap for a couple of weeks now, drove to London to work 130 miles away on 2 bars of fuel, aprox 50 mpg, taking out of sport mode makes the car even more driveable in everyday traffic and very docile and probably a better choice for wet damp roads although I still find it very linear in sports mode and have found it easy to modulate the throttle and adapt to the extra power, and the chassis as standard, although has the chili pack which gives the sport suspension option, copes really well and no issues with excessive wheelspin and I have not had any torque steer with this remap, but I have had the 4 wheel alignment done the day after, on hunter set up as being on the dyno had knocked out castor,camber and tow, due to the way the car is strapped down and pulled during dyno runs, an issue I have had to address before when having cars dyno'd as they are put under strain. This was only 75 to rectify at ETS tyres. Although I didn't have the alignment checked before it went on the dyno so could have been out anyway. I think this has helped traction and minimises wheelspin if everything in perfect alignment. I like the noise on over run with a few more pops and bangs and machine gun fire if lifting off after a few seconds of WOT.
It is great fun and very driveable and useable, even more so now, and will look to go to 200 cell cat andthen stage 2B eventually. To the best of my knowledge the Stage 1B that I nhave targets 1.4 bar and the stage 1C 1.5 bar, and as I want to maintain long term reliability stage 1B is best for me.

Last edited by Ant73; 17th August 2017 at 10:35 AM.