View Single Post
Hello from Cumbria
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Miacat1 is on a distinguished road

MINI Icon 2nd Gen Cab Blue Hello from Cumbria - 7th September 2017, 05:43 AM

Hi,

Just got our Latest addition last Friday...she's a F57 JCW Convertible in Pepper white, with black/red pinstriped bonnet stripes and JCW Pro wing mirror caps in chili red/black chequered. wheels are cup spoke and Interior is Mini-Yours leather and other stuff (chilli pack, chrome line etc). It's essentially my wife's car I suppose😔, but it was myself that came up with the idea! TBH, we fancied a convertible for a bit of fun and one we could sit our 3 dogs in the back 😀👍 my wife fancied a Mini (she had a Fiat 500 TA), but for me it would have to be able to pull the skin off custard😉, so it was the JCW or nothing for me!
Very eye catching car and I love the sound of it! A different drive for me altogether, as my everyday car is Auto and this is manual (wife won't drive auto..even though far easier) and I am finding the JCW heavier to steer...but I do realise it's a car built for handling tracks and winding roads..whereas my other (BMW 330d Msport Xdrive touring), although more powerful, sits somewhere between sporty and luxury I suppose? The 330 has an excellent auto box, so moves smoothly between gears...now I'm having to get my head around using gear changes and the clutch 😯
All we need now is some nice weather...had lovely days last Fri and Sat, but not so good since!