View Single Post
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
totalBeginner
FlyingBadger is on a distinguished road

Default 1st November 2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zf44 View Post
I did some more digging, Fuse 8 linked to indicators?

Also, have a read of this. Culprits being the switch, although you replaced it, but shows you how to test, fuse or footwell module.

MINI Cooper R56 Hazard Switch Replacement (2007-2011) | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article
Thanks for your reply zf44.

I have removed Fuse 8 and hazards still flash, I also removed Fuse 5 as this has the same window diagram as Fuse 8 and they still flash.

I have also removed Fuse 48 and 47 as these have the headlight and sidelight? diagrams but again hazards keep flashing.

The switch wouldn't turn them on or off this morning but will now so I will test the switch next.

I didn't fit the new switch - it went for MOT and failed on hazard switch fault - they have said a new switch was fitted - the fault went away for a week or 2 then returned and then the car came to me.

I think they have just replaced the switch and not actually fixed the problem that has broken the switch - which I am hoping is water ingress.

I will report back once I have tested it.

Would still like to find out which circuit it is on though.

With regard to the boot seal - which came today - is it just a matter of fitting it then pulling the rubber out to seat the seal? Like the olden days when we used para cord to fit windows and seals?

I can't seem to find an answer.

FB