(#5 (permalink))
totalBeginner
AlistairS is on a distinguished road

Default 15th May 2018, 11:13 AM

had the following email

Quote:
Good Morning Alistair,

I hope this email finds you well.

I have some good news on your MINI, I have arranged for an outside transport agency to collect your MINI rather than using the MINI UK transportation team.

Your MINI is being collected on Friday the 18th and will be delivered back to me on Monday the 21st.

Normally when a car arrives onsite we require a 72 hour window to prepare the car for delivery however I have prioritised your
MINI with our workshop and valet teams and I will have it ready to on Tuesday the 22nd if that is a suitable date for you to collect?

Let me know if this is OK and I will have Scott contact you directly to arrange the next steps to get things ready for collection.

Thanks
replied

Quote:
Good Morning Chris,

Thanks for the update, However last night I started a a few threads on MINI forums last night asking for advice. Please see links below:

Delivery for a new, unregistered F56 MCS
Delivery for a new, unregistered F56 MCS
Delivery for a new, unregistered F56 MCS (UK) - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum

I contacted MINI Customer Service with the VIN No. this morning based on the feedback from the posts. They are getting back to me to explain why the car wasn't sent directly to you from the other dealer and had to go back to the factory to be checked again. Can you shed any light on this as it doesn't appear to be standard practice?

The date mentioned Tuesday 22nd is ideal as its my last rest day from work.

However, I really want to get to the bottom of what has happened here

Look forward to hearing from you.