totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Mini Cooper s newbie
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Leecooper is on a distinguished road

Default Mini Cooper s newbie - 8th August 2017, 09:38 PM

Just had to sell my Sierra Cosworth to buy a house and wanted a pokie run around to help heel the wounds, I chose a 2005 cooper s, metallic grey, has hk hifi and was pretty unloved when bought from a dealer.
Had a rattle from the timing chain, no brakes worth mentioning and in need of a total service although has just passed its mot with no advisories with fsh.
Just gone through a 952 overhaul today but I'm pretty far off getting it how I want it although I'm pretty fond of the car, only plus point is the bodywork which looks fantastic for an ex lady or two owner car.

Last edited by Leecooper; 8th August 2017 at 09:51 PM.

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalAddict
wlondoner is on a distinguished road

Default 9th August 2017, 11:33 AM

Hello welcome to the forum.
Great to see an owner really looking after there MINI! Full service history certainly appeals to me when I am buying a car so it's good your keeping it maintained.
Nice colour too! What's the interior like? Enjoy it!

Now:F56 MINI Dooper MidnightBlack (Chili, Full White leather, Connected XL Nav, adaptive dampers, heated seats, HUD, Harmon Kardon speakers, black alloys)
Before:F56 MINI Dooper IcedChoc (Chili,VisualBoost,Leather)
Before: R56 MINI Cooper Lightning Blue (Chili,half leather)
Before :R50 MINI One Moonlight Black (Pepper)
+ 2 Audi TT MK2s in between.

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 9th August 2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlondoner View Post
Hello welcome to the forum.
Great to see an owner really looking after there MINI! Full service history certainly appeals to me when I am buying a car so it's good your keeping it maintained.
Nice colour too! What's the interior like? Enjoy it!
Interior is near perfect, half leather which I prefer as you don't slide around, no marks or wear, just ordered a HK enabler from ministuff so I can fit my pioneer 80prs stereo, next jobs are rear brake lines and a brake fluid change as it's black, maybe some new rear lights as they've faded slightly

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
1st Mini
7head is on a distinguished road

Default 13th August 2017, 08:39 AM

Nice work so far... can I ask what the hk enabler is? I have the Hk and love the sound, what will you gain and where will you put a pioneer head unit?

R60 Cooper S auto, Pure red, chilli, media and light packs. Harman Kardon. Lots of mods to come.....

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 14th August 2017, 05:30 PM

What do you mean where will I put it? It's single din same as original but the original stereo sucks.
Read up on YouTube on pioneer DEH80PRS, awesome for the money and the sound quality is massively improved over the original especially after using auto EQ which helps set up the sound near perfect.
Plus it has twin USB in the back, I've put my iPhone charger in one and run it down the centre console so I can charge my phone and the wire is hardly noticeable, other one I've wired into the glove box for a card reader, also has hands free calling and links to my phone.
You can't use an off the shelf harness if you have HK system as it will produce no sound as doesn't power the amp, mini stuff does the HK enabler which retains the amp functions and enables you to fit a better head unit, plus you can order a facia surround from them for extra 6 which covers the screws on the front as mini unit a little larger.

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
1st Mini
7head is on a distinguished road

Default Yesterday, 06:15 AM

Ah I see.... totally different in our Countryman... it's all built in and no way of adding a head unit.... was presuming all mini would be similar......yours looks good though... nice job.

The HK sounds pretty damn good though so no real need to change anyway, just interested as to what the enabler did....makes sense now!

R60 Cooper S auto, Pure red, chilli, media and light packs. Harman Kardon. Lots of mods to come.....