totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Go Back   totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum > totalTalk > totalNewcomer
Reload this Page Newbie Cooper S

Click here to visit our sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Newbie Cooper S
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Gibon101 is on a distinguished road

MINI Icon Red Newbie Cooper S - 22nd January 2014, 08:20 AM

Hello!!

I'm Dan, currently in London but originally from Yorkshire.

I've had a couple of classic minis in the past and loved them. My best was a mini 30 that I dropped a cooper engine in (after the first one blew up!) however thanks to an idiot who drove into the back of me and pushed the car through a wall she came to untimely death.

After that I had a couple of boring cars but I needed something decent for motor way driving and something that wasnt boring to drive. I managed to find a nice little Mini Cooper S going cheap so I thought why not?! I've driven/owned so many cars and I must admit this is one of the nicest cars I've been behind the wheel of!

I'm gunna be honest and say that when I had the classic minis I was never that keen on BMW minis but I've been turned and I'm annoyed I didnt get one years ago.

Anyway I've attached a picture of my current mini as it currently stands. I'm not sure if I like white hood vent which I'm tempted to change red or the Italian job lights but just going to leave it how it is for now and see if they grow on me....and because im a little skint at the moment!!

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi and also a big thanks as I took a bit of advice from this forum before I made my purchase. Once im back into a position to start playing about with the car a bit, I'm sure to try and contribute a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (42.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Image.jpg (12.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (18.8 KB, 29 views)

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalAddict
zirconmr2 is on a distinguished road

Default 22nd January 2014, 08:35 AM

welcome to totalmini,
not feelin the white grille surround either im afraid, each to thier own though, never mind im sure you`ll make it more your style over time.

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 22nd January 2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirconmr2 View Post
welcome to totalmini,
not feelin the white grille surround either im afraid, each to thier own though, never mind im sure you`ll make it more your style over time.
Yeah really not my thing either. Makes it looks like a coke head. The previous owner thought it looked good. I am on the look out for one in red (i think the colour is properly called chilli red?!) to swap it over.

Weirdly enough, I'm currently looking over your build thread but at "work" so cant have a proper read. Does looks decent mate, I need to have a proper read when my boss is out! Like the work. Love the colour too. I was on the look out for a Cooper S in blue but this one was a steal for the price so i couldnt really turn it down....even with the white vent.

Newbie Cooper S
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
Countryman Cooper S ALL4
david_ntg is on a distinguished road

Default Newbie Cooper S - 22nd January 2014, 09:32 AM

Nice! Love the supercharged engines, great noise out of them! Not a fan of white bonnet scoop but love the additional lights. Been thinking about them for Countryman but gonna get the daylight running lights first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Newbie Cooper S
Old
  (#5 (permalink))
The wife thinks its hers!
Goonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to behold

Default Newbie Cooper S - 22nd January 2014, 09:55 AM

Welcome to tM!

Agree about the white scoop .... a little too much going on there imo. I like 4 spots on the R53 .... We had them on ours but tbh I prefer to see them set at the same height rather than the two in the middle being higher. Just my opinion though

I am sure you will get it looking just the way 'you' want it though .... which is the important thing

Sent from my iPad MINI using Tapatalk

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
DS R53 2006
Gal is on a distinguished road

Default 22nd January 2014, 11:16 AM

Can't quite tell on my phone as pictures are small but are the vents near the windscreen white as well ?? If so change them back to black. Just doesn't work IMO. Also as others have said scoop in red. Only a few quid to get done at a local spray shop.

Old
  (#7 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 22nd January 2014, 12:17 PM

Cheers for the replies people! Feeling very welcomed!!

My plan is to put in a red hood scoop now, like you say Goonerij, I think there is a bit too much going on. But I do think I will keep all 4 spots. They have grown on me.

Gal – yeah the vents are white… random bits of the car are, like the washers and the side indictor trims. Again not a big fan of them either and they will be changing in the near future. I notice you’re in North London. Me too. Have you got any recommendations for a decent garage if I need one? Or even a decent spray shop to sort out the vent?!

Unfortunately a “friend” of mine has just dropped the bombshell that he is getting married in the Caribbean so now all the money I have ear marked to mess about on the car has been moved over for that so might have to put up with how it looks for a little while longer.

Old
  (#8 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 22nd January 2014, 12:28 PM

if they want you there they should pay! its totally inconsiderate to go swanning off to get married in exotic locations, my brother went to mexico, feckin went alone too!

Old
  (#9 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 22nd January 2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirconmr2 View Post
if they want you there they should pay! its totally inconsiderate to go swanning off to get married in exotic locations, my brother went to mexico, feckin went alone too!
hahaha! I hope his bride went him at least?!

Old
  (#10 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 22nd January 2014, 12:38 PM

her idea! he would have been happy with a pish up down the local with all his pals around him.

Tags
cooper s, newbie