totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum

totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/)
-   2014 - Current, 3rd Generation (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/143-2014-current-3rd-generation/)
-   -   Just ordered a Mini One (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/143-2014-current-3rd-generation/9084-just-ordered-mini-one.html)

wpound94 22nd July 2014 09:17 PM

Just ordered a Mini One

4 Attachment(s)
I have just ordered a MINI One :D and just wanted your opinions on the spec i went for, as i can still change it. This is my very first mini, and being used to small engines (69bhp) i was happy with the One. Test drove it and loved it instantly.

I've ordered;
  • Mini One Hatchback 1.2
  • Volcanic Orange
  • Pepper Pack
  • Black alloys
  • Steering wheel controls
  • Cruise control
  • Chrome line exterior
  • Chrome line interior
  • Piano black inside
  • Mirror caps in body colour
  • Park assist package
  • Visual boost radio with mini connected

What are your thoughts? anything you see as a must? or that you don't think will go well?

Lytesben 22nd July 2014 09:58 PM

Looks great as it is, although as you've gone for black wheels etc I would be inclined to go for a black roof of you can on the ONE :)

Leakyturnip 22nd July 2014 10:02 PM

Congratulations and welcome! I've heards lots of good things about the new 1.2 engine.

In terms of spec, Personally I would ditch the chrome line interior and the park assist and go for led headlights instead.

The chrome line interior is really just the handbrake and speaker rings, which is not a lot for what it costs. Having used the park assist I can see its benefits, but the car is soooo easy to park anyway this system just makes it a longer process.

The LED head lights are fantastic, they look brilliant when on and off and you also gain the led fog and side lights too. The led ring which acts a the running light really makes the car standout.

Whatever your choice you will end up with a great little car!

Scottyg 22nd July 2014 10:14 PM

We've had our ONE for 6 weeks and love it. Spec not dissimilar to ours. I'd second the black roof but I'd add bonnet stripes to complement the alloys.
The 1.2T is brilliant both in town and on the motorway. You'll love it.
Now the wait! ;-)

Clubmanrob 23rd July 2014 08:35 AM

Nice spec, the visual audio boost is particularly good value. I'd second the LED headlights, worth every penny.

Phild 23rd July 2014 08:42 AM

My Cooper should be with me on sept 1st and at the time of order i thought i specced wisely. Doubt if there are many on here who haven't gone back to their dealer after ordering to add some more options. Im no different. Ive since added the LEDs and Steering wheel controls with cruise. I'm leaving it late but i think i may also add darkened glass. But most agree the LEDs are a must and i specced em simply because of what most have said on here.

wpound94 23rd July 2014 12:01 PM

Thanks for the replys! :)
I've gone for the chrome inside just for that extra premium feel, do agree however, it is expensive but does look good!
The park assist was a late addition, but I know that if I bumped it and knew I could've got the sensors I would be devastated, I thought the 590 now would stop any large dent repairs coming forth in the coming years.
I shall have a look into the LED headlights! :)
When doing the One I couldn't find an option for a black roof or bonnet stripes :/ however would love them! :)

hybridoriental 23rd July 2014 01:41 PM

I agree with some of the other comments. I think black mirrors and roof will suit the car as you have chosen black wheels.

I would also have a think upgrading to the Cooper as you may find that the cost upgrade is minimal and you get more spec as standard and there would not be a need for things like a chrome line package or wheel upgrades.

Scottyg 23rd July 2014 02:20 PM

I might be wrong but I think a standard ONE is the same interior as a standard Cooper until you start adding packs. I test drove both and there wasn't a huge difference except for the engine. Subtle things might be different but nothing that stood out.

at6077 23rd July 2014 06:45 PM

I don't believe the One can have the black/White roof. it's normally reserved for Cooper/Cooper S and JCW.