totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
My Mini Journey
Old
  (#91 (permalink))
totalAddict
sheebs is on a distinguished road

Default My Mini Journey - 2nd February 2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul storey View Post
Looking really good cracking job did you order them vanity mirror lamps just interested to see on you got on !!

Yup ordered them should be here in a couple of days fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#92 (permalink))
totalAddict
Paul storey is on a distinguished road

Thanked 3,006 Times in 2,757 Posts

Default 2nd February 2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheebs View Post
Yup ordered them should be here in a couple of days fingers crossed

Well let's see if they make any difference compared to the other ones !!

My Mini Journey
Old
  (#93 (permalink))
The wife thinks its hers!
Goonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to behold

Default My Mini Journey - 2nd February 2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheebs View Post
.... so i was wanting to stick the satnav where my mobile phone mount is red circle number 2 but the issue i have with that is wiring. the wire would have to go over the steering wheel. now i could just leave it unplugged and then stick it in when it needs to be charged but doing a lot of driving means il have to swap it over to charge often.

Any ideas on how to feed the wire to that spot without it getting in the way. would love to stick it behind the dash and have it just pop out at the pillar ....

I have a disc stuck to the top of the dash with sticky pads at your position 2 (they have removed ok in the past without leaving a mark when we have parted with our last two MINI's ). That sat nav mount sits on that.

The charging cable, I route to the right and push it just down into the gap between the bottom of the pillar trim and the dash, under the door seal rubber for a couple of inches, then across the front of the dash squeezing it into the gap between (on ours) the polar beige interior trim and the top of the black footwell bulkhead (if that makes sense!?); over the top of the steering wheel behind the rev counter (and pushed back out of sight) and then to the centre stack in the trim gap described before. At the the centre stack, I just pull the cable taught down the side of the stack and under the gap between the trim at the base, before plugging into the lighter socket.

Having done this literally hundreds of times now (as I move the sat nav between our two cars) I know, with our Tom Tom cable, it is just long enough to be neat and tidy and completely hidden from view. With practice, it only takes a couple of minutes to install.

Sent from my iPad MINI using Tapatalk

My Mini Journey
Old
  (#94 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default My Mini Journey - 7th May 2014, 10:38 AM

Been awhile since I posted on here as things have pretty much slowed down with the car havnt done anything worth while but someone else did something that's worth while to upload.

I washed the car this morning at 7:30am (early I know but woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so decided to wash the car) the car was looking amazing. Paint looked amazing in the sun. Went for a little drive then stopped off at asda to grab a snack. Parked my car close to the entrance (usually park miles away at the opposite end of the car park away from everyone but was feeling a little tired after the early start in the morning) bays either side of me were empty and I did think maybe I should park inbetween two bays but that's a douche move so I parked normally perfectly in my bay and walked into the shop. Must've been in there 20 mins top and I came back to the parked in the middle of two empty bays and then I notice the front bumper on the passenger side all scuffed up now I'm hoping it's all surface damage so I pour some water on it and rub over the area and majority of it was just Sortve dusty stuff that came right off but there was patches that were grey and wouldn't budge thought it must be plastic from the other cars bumper. Scratched at it for a bit but it still wouldn't go so my guess is the car rubbed it down to the primer/base coat. Anyways really not happy about this and was wondering if anyone has a fix for this because I was just quoted 150 to just paint those spots up doesn't include the scratched up side plastic bit and that seems a tad dear

I was thinking to use some of that plastic trim remover on the trim and see how that works but completely lost about the grey patches. They are completely smooth to the touch. No paint chipping away so I'm guessing when the other car scraped up against my bumper it rubbed the clear coat and paint away. There's no deep scratches or dents just the paint gone

Thanks for the help

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399459092.520324.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399459100.485801.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399459108.134775.jpg

Last edited by sheebs; 7th May 2014 at 10:42 AM.

My Mini Journey
Old
  (#95 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default My Mini Journey - 7th May 2014, 11:00 AM

Just used the autobrite trim and tyre on the plastic and the bit that's scuffed up doesn't have any texture to it. It's kinda been scuffed down smooth so when autobrite is applied it becomes shiny black while the rest of the trim panel becomes a rich black where u can notice the texture

Il leave it to dry for awhile then go have another look and see if it's any better

Last edited by sheebs; 7th May 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Old
  (#96 (permalink))
Mini mini mini!!
Webbianno is just really niceWebbianno is just really niceWebbianno is just really niceWebbianno is just really nice

Default 7th May 2014, 11:12 AM

Just shop around and get a few quotes, also I would look on ebay or at breakers for replacement plastic trim.

mini has gone.......I will be back!

My Mini Journey
Old
  (#97 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default My Mini Journey - 29th July 2014, 03:42 AM

Hey was wondering if I could get a little help on this matter.

The weather was really good yesterday. Very sunny and temp was in it's 20s. I took my mini for it's first ever long journey. Usually I just drive into town do the shopping then go home or drive to work but because of the weather yesterday I decided to go for a drive. I did 76 miles yesterday. 38 there and then 38 on the way back. Filled up the car before I left and brought the miles done to 0 before I left. Anyways the car was pretty much driven non stop. The engine was maybe switched off for a minute or two as I stopped at petrol pumps due to friends wanting food etc. around 50 miles in my windows cracked down a little I started to smell what I believe is a burning plastic/rubber smell. I didn't think much of this but when I reached home the smell was stronger. The second I opened my driver door the smell was strong and seemed to be coming from my wheels I then opened the bonnet and it seemed the smell was coming somewhere from the inside to closer to the passenger side. I didn't see any plastic burning or smoke coming off but the smell has gotten me a little worried. This was my first long journey in the car and at times I did have my high spirited moments in the car as I drove down country rounds.

After I noticed the smell not sure if it's becuase I'm paranoid but took the car for a small spin with the radio and heating thing switched off to see if I heard anything. Then I noticed the second I pushed my brake pedal in it made a hissing noise all the way to the point the brakes felt they were engaging. And when letting go of the brake pedal it made a hissing noise all the way back up. Never noticed this before as I've never driven the car with the radio and everything switched off.

Also the car is very close to reaching 10k. At 9926 at the moment and every time i get into the car it says I have a service due in 500 miles so not sure if that makes any difference for the reason behind the smell. Maybe the oil needs changing??

I'm going to have a look in the morning when the engines cold to check all my fluid levels. Oil and coolant as right now the engine is really hot

Any help on both issues will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sheebs; 29th July 2014 at 03:45 AM.

Tags
laser blue, mini one, modifications, pimlico