totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Old
  (#121 (permalink))
ground control
tcbw is on a distinguished road

Default 29th December 2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinIan View Post
Wont look so good with the brown matey
Bollocks to that. It'll have a nice sort of 70's vibe, you know, flappy brown corduroys and a tight white/bum-cooling windcheater...

Old
  (#122 (permalink))
ground control
tcbw is on a distinguished road

Default 14th September 2017, 05:55 AM

Long time no update.

BRB has been back on the road this summer, and the track: we joined the New MINI Club Sweden for the 2017Summer Meet, including a day at the Ring Knutstorp. Great fun, and so cool to drive a new track!!

In terms of fettling, I managed to install the studs, which makes swapping wheels over easier, but I used the wrong glue (I suppose I just picked up the wrong packet) so I'll need to remove and reinstall.

The paint is pretty poor, as I have now collected so many stone chips over the last ten years. It really needs a full repainting, or a wrap. Presumably the latter is cheaper, but it won't last as long.

And I finally got tired of the B14s for daily duty, as they're so firm (not much good for my daily commute through the city which is cobbled...). So I ordered a set of Ohlins R&T from Orranje.

And there's a small issue with the idle: I think the by pass valve needs replacing, but I've got a 1320 uprated job in my stash, so I need to get the car up to the mechanic's place.