totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Dealer VIP Events?
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
The Governor is on a distinguished road

Default Dealer VIP Events? - 8th August 2017, 04:40 PM

Has anyone ever been to one of these events? How good are the discounts they offer in reality?

Is it just a ploy to get you in the door and hothouse you, or do they genuinely offer something worthwhile?

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalAddict
Dermottdog is on a distinguished road

Default 8th August 2017, 05:56 PM

Yep, been to one. Also been to a VW one. Nothing special. Only selected products on offer if memory serves.

2011 FJCW
1999 3.0 V6 SWB Mitsubishi Shogun

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalMember
Steve07 is on a distinguished road

Default 8th August 2017, 08:02 PM

Hi,
I have been to a few and found them a waste of my time.
The last one I got invited to had my name on a certificate asking me to book an appointment and telling me it was exclusive....

Turned up for my appointment and sat down to find out what all the fuss was about, asked repeatedly for information on the extra offers on the table, met with evasion and conversation direction changes .....
After a while watching people wander in and sit down with other salesman I demanded to know what the state of play was .....

Turns out anyone could walk in and get the same offers, invitation or not and the offers were standard fare, most on dealer stock cars.

Gave the salesman and his boss some feedback around the dealerships morals and possible misrepresentation and walked.

Apologies via telephone days later, never been back in, purchased from another dealership "outside their area".

You hit the nail on the head in your post, footfall increase is the name of the game

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalAddict
wlondoner is on a distinguished road

Default 9th August 2017, 11:30 AM

Never heard anything great from them.
Id quite like to go to the ones when the new shape MINI comes along in like 2021 though, as it's kinda cool seeing a brand new model for the first time.

Now:F56 MINI Dooper MidnightBlack (Chili, Full White leather, Connected XL Nav, adaptive dampers, heated seats, HUD, Harmon Kardon speakers, black alloys)
Before:F56 MINI Dooper IcedChoc (Chili,VisualBoost,Leather)
Before: R56 MINI Cooper Lightning Blue (Chili,half leather)
Before :R50 MINI One Moonlight Black (Pepper)
+ 2 Audi TT MK2s in between.

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
TotallyObsessed
Jordan is on a distinguished road

Default 9th August 2017, 12:00 PM

i always use CarWow to get the best deal, take to my local dealer and get them to beat it.
simples

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
totalBeginner
The Governor is on a distinguished road

Default 11th August 2017, 08:06 AM

Thanks guys, sounds like another excuse to get you in the dealership and have some nipper in a tight suit try to hothouse you. Like you Jordan, I like to do the entire deal remotely and then only go in when I'm picking up the keys, it saves drama

Old
  (#7 (permalink))
zf44 is Online
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road

Default 11th August 2017, 03:05 PM

We went to these events when we had VWs, complete waste of time, they wouldn't show us the stock list so were offered models in colours/spec that no one else wanted. We couldn't even see the car as it was in 'storage' and they had a 'we are bending over backwards for you' attitude to make you sign on the spot. Better as others say do your homework and complete the deal by email/phone.

Also, I have to say I not impressed with BMW/MINIs offer of 2k on 'trading in your old diesel' offer recently launched, my colleague approached one dealer to trade in his old Merc under this offer while I tried another and I didn't mention the offer, my dealer gave a better discount.

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD. Kite blue, chilli pack, media pack, convertible pack, black xenon headlights, 17" silver conical alloys, runflat tyres, heated punch leather seats, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, chrome spot lights and folding door mirrors.

2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Light white, chilli pack, media pack, Harmon Kardon, black xenon headlights, panoramic sunroof, 18" star double spoke alloys, runflat tyres, heated lounge leather seats, heated windscreen, folding electric mirrors, auto dimming internal/external mirrors, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Crystal silver, chilli pack, media pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD. Crystal silver, chilli pack, vision pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Last edited by zf44; 11th August 2017 at 05:04 PM.