LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
*** ANNOUNCEMENT - Please Read ***
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
Total Moderator
tM Team is on a distinguished road

Icon4 *** ANNOUNCEMENT - Please Read *** - 7th August 2018, 09:54 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

It is with a heavy heart that the totalMINI team inform you we will be closing the forum on 1st September 2018.

Right across the MINI community more and more people are gathering on Facebook groups, mostly due the ease of accessibility and the ability to chat in real time, local clubs / forums have also increased since totalMINI was founded in 2009.

In 2013 our host suffered a catastrophic data loss, which resulted in totalMINI having to re-launch. Since then we have been trying to rebuild the community that we had built up here, everybodyís contribution has been amazing but we have never really been able to recapture what we had and sponsors have been hard to attract again, meaning that it isnít financially viable to keep the site running any longer due to ongoing and increasing costs.

We would like to say a huge thank you to everybody that has contributed to the forum in terms of posts, donations and knowledge, since 2009 and again since our re-launch in 2013, it has been invaluable.

Although the forum will be closing, we have created a brand new Facebook group so that you can continue to discuss anything MINI related and also keep in touch with friends that you have made via the forum. The new group can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/totalMINI.

Best wishes from the totalMINI Team and thank you again.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tM Team For This Useful Post:
118 (8th August 2018), Biker Dave (8th August 2018), Dermottdog (13th August 2018), Goonerij (13th August 2018), humph (8th August 2018), KPKalle (8th August 2018), Lorri (7th August 2018)
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalMember
dave77 is on a distinguished road

Default 7th August 2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tM Team View Post
ANNOUNCEMENT

It is with a heavy heart that the totalMINI team inform you we will be closing the forum on 1st September 2018.

Right across the MINI community more and more people are gathering on Facebook groups, mostly due the ease of accessibility and the ability to chat in real time, local clubs / forums have also increased since totalMINI was founded in 2009.

In 2013 our host suffered a catastrophic data loss, which resulted in totalMINI having to re-launch. Since then we have been trying to rebuild the community that we had built up here, everybodyís contribution has been amazing but we have never really been able to recapture what we had and sponsors have been hard to attract again, meaning that it isnít financially viable to keep the site running any longer due to ongoing and increasing costs.

We would like to say a huge thank you to everybody that has contributed to the forum in terms of posts, donations and knowledge, since 2009 and again since our re-launch in 2013, it has been invaluable.

Although the forum will be closing, we have created a brand new Facebook group so that you can continue to discuss anything MINI related and also keep in touch with friends that you have made via the forum. The new group can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/totalMINI.

Best wishes from the totalMINI Team and thank you again.
Thanks for all your hard work,running a forum is a very hard job.
I have applied to join the FB group.

Cheers,
Dave
Mini Hatch JCW

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dave77 For This Useful Post:
118 (7th August 2018), humph (8th August 2018), Lorri (7th August 2018)
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalAddict
RT2002MCS is on a distinguished road

Default 7th August 2018, 07:20 PM

That's sad news but an unfortunate reflection of the activity on the forum, a technical question is it possible to export my build thread or print in a pdf format, when I click the option in thread tools to view a printable version the images are just displayed as links. I would have liked to share the work with my son when he eventually inherits the car, in many years times.

Good luck on Facebook

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RT2002MCS For This Useful Post:
118 (8th August 2018), Lorri (8th August 2018)
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalAdmin
118 is a jewel in the rough118 is a jewel in the rough118 is a jewel in the rough

Thanked 1,201 Times in 932 Posts

Default 8th August 2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT2002MCS View Post
That's sad news but an unfortunate reflection of the activity on the forum, a technical question is it possible to export my build thread or print in a pdf format, when I click the option in thread tools to view a printable version the images are just displayed as links. I would have liked to share the work with my son when he eventually inherits the car, in many years times.

Good luck on Facebook
Leave it with us and we'll see if it's possible

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
Old Skool
humph is on a distinguished road

Default 8th August 2018, 10:52 AM

This is very sad, but also not that unexpected:-( Back in the day when we all made the move over from M2 the forum (& scene) was buzzing, with pages of new posts every day. Having stepped away from MINI ownership for a couple of years, picking it up again back in December, the forum is deadly quiet now. The crash took immeasurable amounts of good technical info with it, and unfortuantely Facebook has been the death of many of the forums I use. I don't do facebook but can't see how it can replace a forum as a searchable source of archived technical information, but I'm obviously just old.

Over the years TM has brought me so many friends, big adventures all over Europe and a lot of smiles. Even met my wife through an event organised via TM. So finally a big thank you to the team that have run the site over the years, I know it's taken up a fair chunk of voluntary time.

A sad day.

The Following User Says Thank You to humph For This Useful Post:
118 (8th August 2018)
*** ANNOUNCEMENT - Please Read ***
Old
  (#6 (permalink))
totalAddict
RT2002MCS is on a distinguished road

Default *** ANNOUNCEMENT - Please Read *** - 8th August 2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 118 View Post
Leave it with us and we'll see if it's possible

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#7 (permalink))
totalAddict
wlondoner is on a distinguished road

Default 8th August 2018, 04:15 PM

Such a shame. This forum has been great RIP totalMINI

I run @newminilondon on Instagram!

Now:F56 MINI Dooper MidnightBlack (Chili, Full White leather, Connected XL Nav, adaptive dampers, heated seats, HUD, Harmon Kardon speakers, black alloys)
Before:F56 MINI Dooper IcedChoc (Chili,VisualBoost,Leather)
Before: R56 MINI Cooper Lightning Blue (Chili,half leather)
Before :R50 MINI One Moonlight Black (Pepper)
+ 2 Audi TT MK2s in between.

The Following User Says Thank You to wlondoner For This Useful Post:
118 (8th August 2018)
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
totalAddict
Biker Dave is on a distinguished road

Default 8th August 2018, 10:10 PM

To all the TM team, well done for all your time and effort. Its a real shame and from a personal point of view FB can never match a forum set up however the modern world has dictated FB rules all. The info gained via forums is invaluable and once its gone its gone.
All the best in the FB world.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biker Dave For This Useful Post:
118 (9th August 2018), Lorri (10th August 2018)
Old
  (#9 (permalink))
totalAddict
yorkie is on a distinguished road

Default 9th August 2018, 07:44 AM

it is a shame it is going don't do face ake and never will,no one will ever know the out come of our dealer miss build ,ie what we ordered and what they ordered,will all be sorted out after the site is gone,all I can say is we wont have a jcw come october

Old
  (#10 (permalink))
totalAdmin
118 is a jewel in the rough118 is a jewel in the rough118 is a jewel in the rough

Thanked 1,201 Times in 932 Posts

Default 10th August 2018, 11:32 AM

We realise that not everybody uses Facebook, however rather than allow tM to just disappear completely we decided to set up the new FB group. It's not a resurrection and tM hasn't moved to FB, it's just purely a way for those that want to continue to keep in touch with each other and share photos, stories, etc

The Following User Says Thank You to 118 For This Useful Post:
Lorri (10th August 2018)