totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Go Back   totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum > totalTalk > totalDiscussion
Reload this Page A dilemma, opinions needed!

Click here to visit our sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
A dilemma, opinions needed!
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
wpound94 is on a distinguished road

Icon9 A dilemma, opinions needed! - 10th August 2014, 09:02 PM

So, i have a slight dilemma on my hands;

I have ordered a mini one, with pepper pack, park pack and steering wheel controls. I ordered it in June and have just been told delivery will be pushed from this month to October (however i believe it will be more November).
This news has really put me off. i have been very excited to get my mini (as you'd expect) and now i am faced with a dilemma;

They haven't offered me anything off at the dealership due to the delay, and have just mentioned a possible 100 in dealer accessories (of which i do not want any). They haven't given me any money off the car, not even thrown the TLC pack in at all, before buying or with the delay in mind. So, i am very annoyed, and therefore looked at what other cars were available now.

Another dealer nearby has a mini cooper, with chilli pack and rear sensors and a few bits and pieces and are offering me it for 1000 more then my Mini one has cost but it is 2 months old with 2500 miles on it (nothing major). The one was really my budget, but I'm drawn to this cooper just because it may be 1000 more, but I'm getting 2000 worth of car more.

Yet another option i have is a cooper D All4 countryman, 12 plate with 33,000 miles on it, with every option (all of them) and this is actually 200 less then my mini one. It has got one outer cosmetic damage near the drivers handle where a lady nails have scratched it (badly) and some more marks just near the handle inside, apart from that it is spotless.

What would you guys do? would you wait out for the one and try to gain more discount? if so what have you managed to get? or would you go for the more expensive cooper or the cheaper fully loaded countryman. Im very confused as to what to do, it is my first mini, and so far been my worst experience buying a new car, but would still like a mini.

The Following User Says Thank You to wpound94 For This Useful Post:
lbagwellrobin (14th August 2014)
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalAddict
Scottyg is on a distinguished road

Default 10th August 2014, 09:36 PM

Not a bad dilemma to have. Mini consider more than 12 weeks as a delayed delivery so you should be in a position to haggle with them.
The Cooper hatch options seems a good one to me. If you can afford it it's the one I'd go for.
Being in a CM and wanting a hatch sort of rules that out for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scottyg For This Useful Post:
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
TotallyObsessed
Jordan will become famous soon enough

Default 10th August 2014, 10:02 PM

Get the cooper

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordan For This Useful Post:
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
Total Moderator..........
Herbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud of

Default 10th August 2014, 10:04 PM

Depend on what you want

I assume you want a hatch (as you ordered the One) then either go for the Cooper or wait on the One

If you really don't want to wait and the numbers on the Cooper stack up, then go for it now

As Scottyg said, nice dilemma to have

The Following User Says Thank You to Herbert Austin For This Useful Post:
Old
  (#5 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 11th August 2014, 07:27 AM

It is a nice dilemma, just a hard decision. The countryman has always been my 'goal' car (if that makes sense) that's what's drawn me to the CM only problem is the mileage (nothing major). Thanks for the opinions though, the more help, the better!

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
Total Moderator..........
Herbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud of

Default 11th August 2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpound94 View Post
It is a nice dilemma, just a hard decision. The countryman has always been my 'goal' car (if that makes sense) that's what's drawn me to the CM only problem is the mileage (nothing major). Thanks for the opinions though, the more help, the better!
If the Countryman is your 'goal' then ignore the other two options and go for it

The Following User Says Thank You to Herbert Austin For This Useful Post:
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
totalAddict
MAC99 is on a distinguished road

Default 11th August 2014, 08:30 AM

There is nothing like the smell and feel of a new car.
You could buy the cooper as it is nearly new, but I personally wouldn't buy it if it has been a demonstrator.
We all know that on a demo drive you drive the car to see how it goes, and its quite likely that it may have had a damn good thrashing (to quote Basil Fawlty!).
Also although the cooper may have a bit more go than a one, you could possibly regret the choice later as it wasn't factory fresh and new?
If it was me I think I would hang in there, the delivery date may not be as long as you think?
The thing is, that is the car you have chosen, you didn't set out to buy a second hand car in the first place did you?

The Following User Says Thank You to MAC99 For This Useful Post:
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
Lola
Miss Lola is on a distinguished road

Default 11th August 2014, 07:43 PM

Mac99 makes some good sensible advice there, you wanted a new car and ordered one, would you really be happy in 6 months time in a second hand car, because that is what it will be at the end of the day.
Although on the other hand, if the CM is your ultimate car and you can afford the deal offered then go for that, target hit sooner rather than later
I've been no help at all, I can tell.....

'Malley" CMS in Light White & "Tulalah" R56 MCS in Pepper White

The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Lola For This Useful Post:
Old
  (#9 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 11th August 2014, 08:01 PM

All fantastic points guys, thank you! Still a hard decision, going to let look at the cooper tomorrow, so we shall see. If they do some more money off the cooper that might be the way to go, as I've already had a new car, would love another but can deal with 3 months old. Any other thoughts, let me know!

Old
  (#10 (permalink))
totalAddict
ajseymour is on a distinguished road

Default 11th August 2014, 08:14 PM

It all depends how much you really want a new car and how patient you can be. If it was me I don't think I would be very patient at all and I would be persuaded by the colour and spec of the the other cars.

It also depends on what you might want to do in a few years time and the resale value of the cars.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to ajseymour For This Useful Post:

Tags
delays, mini cooper, mini countryman, mini one, onions needed