totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Door Rattles & Gummi Pflege
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalMember
Mattstorm is on a distinguished road

England Door Rattles & Gummi Pflege - 30th October 2014, 08:56 AM

9 Months in and still loving my Boris!

But.... there are a few trim issues, particularly with the passenger front and rear doors buzzing and sometimes the passenger front can rattle quite loud

I've come to the conclusion that when its warm, everything is fine. When it drops to like 10 degrees or less its fine. An ambient temperature of 16 degrees outside and we are in door rattling territory.

The fact that it is so susceptible to temperature tells me nothing is loose and its probably down to something which can change easily with temperature.

After reading many forums I have bought some Gummi Pflege and intend to clean all seals with fairy liquid, dry off then apply the Gummi to all seals around the doors.

The hope is that conditioning the seals will reduce friction between the seal and door and hopefully reduce the vibrational buzzing.

Will hopefully do it over the weekend and report back next week!

Mattstorm

The Following User Says Thank You to Mattstorm For This Useful Post:
andyV8 (11th November 2014)
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalMember

Default 10th November 2014, 07:55 AM

Well after days of waiting my Gummi Pflege finally turned up!

After washing the MINI's yesterday I gave it a go on Boris. I liberally applied the product to the door seals and the top of the door edge where the fury stuff is which meets the car body when door closed. Left to air dry for a few mins then went over with a clean microfiber cloth.

Driving to work this morning....... ....... Massive improvement, apart from the odd trim noise when hitting a bump (you know the short sharp ones) the cabin was silent. Doors silent! no continuous buzzing or vibrations. The car felt like it was a month old rather than a year old.

I must stress, this was not used anywhere near windows or window seals. I used this to help solve door trim rattles / buzzing by applying to door seals! 6 off eBay well spent!

Mattstorm

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalAddict
freck is on a distinguished road

Default 10th November 2014, 06:25 PM

Gummi Pflege is great stuff, I've been using it for ages.
It sorted out the weeping roof seals on my Z3 a treat as it softens them up and makes them nice and supple again

Steve

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
Total Moderator..........
Herbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud ofHerbert Austin has much to be proud of

Default 10th November 2014, 06:53 PM

I've never heard of Gummi Pflege, sounds like its a worthwhile product to have

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
totalMember

Default 11th November 2014, 08:12 AM

It is good stuff, although yesterday was a cold morning, today at 11 degrees there was some buzzing back so not as good as I originally thought. Its worth a go for 6 but at the end of the day BMW's and MINI's rattle and buzz, always have, always will, the END

Still love him though

Mattstorm

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
totalAddict
andyV8 is on a distinguished road

Default 11th November 2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattstorm View Post
It is good stuff, although yesterday was a cold morning, today at 11 degrees there was some buzzing back so not as good as I originally thought. Its worth a go for 6 but at the end of the day BMW's and MINI's rattle and buzz, always have, always will, the END

Still love him though
I'll give this a go on the mini but my BMW is still rattle free after 5 years! (touch wood)

Old
  (#7 (permalink))
totalMember

Default 17th November 2014, 03:30 PM

After giving Boris and Eddie a Wash, Clay, Polish and Wax yesterday I decided to give the gummi another go. This time I noticed that last week I had not done the back door curved seals on the lower part of the door which closes on the wheel arch. Plus I also noticed that with the doors open there is a rubber strip going the length of the car under the roof, not a soft rubber but still rubber. I gummi'd all these areas in an effort to reduce as much stiffness as possible.

The one buzz which remained after last weekend was near side rear, that has now gone so far and the rest of the doors seem ok. Its not going to be 100% but it has definitely made an improvement!

Another upside is apparently stops your doors freezing in Winter so will wait and see.

Mattstorm

Tags
buzz, door, gummi, pflege, rattle