totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Go Back   totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum > Model & Non-Model Specific > MINI Countryman
Reload this Page 30,000 miles report. 2013 CM Cooper SD ALL4

Click here to visit our sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
30,000 miles report. 2013 CM Cooper SD ALL4
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road

Default 30,000 miles report. 2013 CM Cooper SD ALL4 - 23rd October 2015, 02:16 PM

Ploughing through the miles and now reached the 30k miles and time for a further report. I decided to skip the 20k miles report, especially, with nothing going wrong or being replaced.

Tyres
The front 18” Goodyear Efficient Grip (225/45 r18) runflats have lasted well from new until 28k with all our driving now occurring on the motorway. They were at 3mm and they would have lasted longer but the shoulders were deteriorating rapidly so time for a change. Shopped around and I was very lucky to find a brand new set on eBay from another MINI fanatic for half the price and arranged for my dealer to fit them at a reasonable cost. Online is the way to go and I found Asda Tyres provide the best supply/fit quote.

Brakes
Compared to my previous CM Cooper D they are lasting well and still on the original set. I’ll see where I am with the depth of the pads (both front/rear) when the MOT/further service is due in March. I have to say though, I’m not too impressed with the brake sensors which had to be reset a number of times as they were giving false readings.

Build Quality
Well built compared to my previous 2011 CM, with only a rattle on the passenger door but with the radio playing most of the time I’ve stopped noticing! Also, surface rust on engine components was a problem on our earlier CM but no sign of anything here.

Paint
Very little stone chips and silver is so easy to keep clean.

Fuel/Oil Consumption

Very impressed with the oil consumption but not impressed with the dipstick! I find it very difficult to read. On fuel consumption, being an ALL4 not a vast difference from my previous 2WD CM Cooper D, during the summer a touch over 50mpg and now with the colder days it’s falling to 45mpg.

Handling
The ALL4 grips the road really well and we’ve felt safe in all weather conditions. I don’t even have any complaints on the runflats and I find the ride bearable. Also, need to add with our early morning and late evening commutes in the dark, the xenon headlights are brilliant and highly recommend them.

Dealer Service
I can only describe as excellent, they always go the extra mile and we get well looked after compared to the lack of attention from our previous VW dealers.

Recalls
Nothing so far compared to the numerous recalls our earlier CM suffered from.

I’ll continue to say it is the best car we have ever owned and it ticks all the boxes in the way it handles in all conditions. As we were even more pleased with the brand and the service we were receiving from our local dealer we took the plunge by purchasing a second MINI (as we are covering a lot of miles) in the form of a Roadster SD……

More about this here.

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD.
2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Last edited by zf44; 24th September 2017 at 07:20 PM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zf44 For This Useful Post:
Geoffh (2nd August 2016), mini mad andy (25th May 2016), Works Clubbie (25th October 2015)
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalAddict
ajseymour is on a distinguished road

Default 27th October 2015, 10:15 AM

I am getting close to the 30000 on my 2WD SD. I think I am currently at 27750ish.

It's good to hear that my tyres lasted about the same as yours, I decided to ditch the runflats this time though and the car is quieter and the ride seems smoother but I miss the protection the runflats gave the alloys.

When you said the brake sensors gave false readings, how bad were they? I only ask as mine are saying that both my front and rear need done within the next 2000 miles.

Thanks for the help

Andy

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD

Default 27th October 2015, 08:36 PM

Runflats is a must for us with the stretch of motorway we use lacks a hard shoulder. They are expensive but we took out a MINI Tyre Insurance Policy to cover the cost of any damage.

On the brake pads, the front sensors are showing 8k while the rear are showing 11k. I will have to wait when the MOT is due in March to see how accurate they are.

Current

Previous

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 27th October 2015, 09:38 PM

Mines going in for a check on Monday so I will soon find out about the brakes.

I may go back to the runflats after these tyres as I am waiting see how long they last.

It's good to see other people enjoying their SD, I love mine.

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
CMCoopSD is Online
totalAddict
CMCoopSD is on a distinguished road

Default 30,000 miles report. 2013 CM Cooper SD ALL4 - 30th October 2015, 05:16 PM

Good right up.

Just back from collecting my 2wd SD from my local indy, front and rear pads and sensors replaced at 32,600 miles. Main dealer had advised at start of July that front pads needed done asap and it also needed front discs, with rear pads not that far away either. Managed another 4000miles before sensor light came on so got it booked in for checking. Front discs were fine surprisingly, having been told by Mini they were required! Wallet is lighter now by 192. 😢

As for tyres, ditched Pirelli P7 RFT's at around 14000miles once fronts were done and replaced with Goodyear F1's all round. Fronts were replaced again last month with Hankook Evo2's.

1st MOT booked in for Thursday at Mini along with end of warranty inspection, hopefully flies through with no problems.

Unfortunately I have had itchy feet since the summer and now want a M135i but 3000 negative equity has but a hold on that for the time being. This along with the new tyres and brakes looks like the CM will be staying for a wee bit longer.

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD

Default 30th October 2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajseymour View Post
Mines going in for a check on Monday so I will soon find out about the brakes.

I may go back to the runflats after these tyres as I am waiting see how long they last.

It's good to see other people enjoying their SD, I love mine.

Do challenge them if they recommend the discs being replaced. With my previous 2011 CM, which was a dealer demo, they only mentioned the front brake pads needed replacing at a cost of 80 from an earlier 'recall' visit. On the day of replacement (at 25k miles) I was taken aback when I was told both the front discs required replacement at a total cost of 360. I wish I had sought a second opinion but at the time I put it down to the car being thrashed as a demo.

If you do decide to replace your CM SD with the 2nd generation CM, consider the ALL4, running costs are very minimal between 2WD and 4WD.

Current

Previous

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Old
  (#7 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD

Default 30th October 2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCoopSD View Post
Good right up.

Just back from collecting my 2wd SD from my local indy, front and rear pads and sensors replaced at 32,600 miles. Main dealer had advised at start of July that front pads needed done asap and it also needed front discs, with rear pads not that far away either. Managed another 4000miles before sensor light came on so got it booked in for checking. Front discs were fine surprisingly, having been told by Mini they were required! Wallet is lighter now by 192. ��

As for tyres, ditched Pirelli P7 RFT's at around 14000miles once fronts were done and replaced with Goodyear F1's all round. Fronts were replaced again last month with Hankook Evo2's.

1st MOT booked in for Thursday at Mini along with end of warranty inspection, hopefully flies through with no problems.

Unfortunately I have had itchy feet since the summer and now want a M135i but 3000 negative equity has but a hold on that for the time being. This along with the new tyres and brakes looks like the CM will be staying for a wee bit longer.
Thanks, with only doing motorway miles hoping to replace the front/rear pads around 40k miles (as the sensors indicate). Have to say, although build quality dropped badly on our previous Golfs/Beetles, brake durability was much better!!

Surprised your Pirelli RFT only lasted up to 14k miles, both our CMs came with 18" Goodyear Efficient Grip RFT and the ride/road noise is fine for us (but I wish I could say the same on the 17" RFTs on our Roadster which helps you to feel every bump in the road but I blame the stiffer chassis/suspension for that!).

Another 2 1/2 years to go on MINI Select for the CM so will wait and see how the next generation CM looks before deciding to take the plunge but like you I'm sure that my model is in negative equity too.

Good luck with the MOT!

Current

Previous

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

The Following User Says Thank You to zf44 For This Useful Post:
CMCoopSD (30th October 2015)
Re: 30,000 miles report. 2013 CM Cooper SD ALL4
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default Re: 30,000 miles report. 2013 CM Cooper SD ALL4 - 30th October 2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zf44 View Post
Do challenge them if they recommend the discs being replaced. With my previous 2011 CM, which was a dealer demo, they only mentioned the front brake pads needed replacing at a cost of 80 from an earlier 'recall' visit. On the day of replacement (at 25k miles) I was taken aback when I was told both the front discs required replacement at a total cost of 360. I wish I had sought a second opinion but at the time I put it down to the car being thrashed as a demo.

If you do decide to replace your CM SD with the 2nd generation CM, consider the ALL4, running costs are very minimal between 2WD and 4WD.
I hadn't thought that the discs might need doing, I really hope that they don't say that. Mine was a demo or fleet car as well so I really hope that they don't need it. We will soon see. Thanks for the warning/advice.

Old
  (#9 (permalink))
CMCoopSD is Online
totalAddict
CMCoopSD is on a distinguished road

Default 30,000 miles report. 2013 CM Cooper SD ALL4 - 30th October 2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zf44 View Post
Thanks, with only doing motorway miles hoping to replace the front/rear pads around 40k miles (as the sensors indicate). Have to say, although build quality dropped badly on our previous Golfs/Beetles, brake durability was much better!!

Surprised your Pirelli RFT only lasted up to 14k miles, both our CMs came with 18" Goodyear Efficient Grip RFT and the ride/road noise is fine for us (but I wish I could say the same on the 17" RFTs on our Roadster which helps you to feel every bump in the road but I blame the stiffer chassis/suspension for that!).

Another 2 1/2 years to go on MINI Select for the CM so will wait and see how the next generation CM looks before deciding to take the plunge but like you I'm sure that my model is in negative equity too.

Good luck with the MOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajseymour View Post
I hadn't thought that the discs might need doing, I really hope that they don't say that. Mine was a demo or fleet car as well so I really hope that they don't need it. We will soon see. Thanks for the warning/advice.

Mine was also an ex demo, had 8k on it when bought so this probably had an effect on the tyres too.

Here's my quote from Mini for discs and pads for the front only! They don't call them stealers for nothing.

Old
  (#10 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 30th October 2015, 07:39 PM

You have me worried now.