totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Old
  (#11 (permalink))
yorkie is Online
totalMember
yorkie is on a distinguished road

Default 21st November 2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labbetts View Post
PS: out of curiosity, how does it compare to the JCW 3 door Yorkie?

Depseratly wanted a MINI hatch, but we're a one car family who do very little miles.

Coming from a string of deisel SUV's, it's certainly got the character we were looking for.
love it, after a jeep wrangler a few years ago mpg isn't an issue, so far so good, it is starting to loosen up now has done 500miles,from time with it up to now would say by the feel of things it could be quicker than the 3door when it gets another 500 on it, goes in and out of corners just as well, was out in the frost on Sunday and just drove as normal, variable damper control makes a difference, just feels faster and more solid, was well worth the money, is a wolf in sheep's clothing

Old
  (#12 (permalink))
yorkie is Online
totalMember

Default 30th January 2018, 08:10 AM

just built car on configurator and it has gone up over a thousand +pounds,have altered packages to options

Old
  (#13 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road

Default 30th January 2018, 03:52 PM

They’ve claimed to add more options to the packs which I need to identify and they’ve made the TLC even less attractive by removing some of the service items.

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD.
2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Last edited by zf44; 30th January 2018 at 07:15 PM.

Old
  (#14 (permalink))
yorkie is Online
totalMember

Default 30th January 2018, 07:09 PM

White is now the standard colour,only is one pack now and then rest are al options,had first proper play tonight,it is FUN,more fun than both hatches we have had

Old
  (#15 (permalink))
totalAddict
7head is on a distinguished road

Default 31st January 2018, 06:18 AM

Lovely looking combo.... our S will behave like a JCW if all goes to plan, the new gen 2 litre seems to tune to 260 bhp pretty comfortably.

What is the mpg like? Ours has 400 odd miles on now and is similar to our old CMS at around 29. I’m sure this will improve. The green mode (does that even exist on a JCW?!) is much better according to the wife. It offsets my constant sport mode usage!

Have you managed to spin the wheels pulling away with your extra power? The grip is awesome on the All4 compared to our 2wd version (which spun up all the time).

R60 Cooper S auto, Pure red, chilli, media and light packs..SOLD

F60 Cooper S All4 auto. Thunder grey with a lot of gloss black and very little chrome. Chilli, Media, Tech, XL, LEDís, pano roof, black 19ís, black leather, black stripes, black roof, black rails (I like black)....pretty much all options ticked - already regret the ones that are missing.

Old
  (#16 (permalink))
yorkie is Online
totalMember

Default 31st January 2018, 07:50 AM

not been on a long run lately,all in traffic is averaging 31mpg does go down to very low single figures when the foot is lowered,in green mode it is like driving a 125 2stroke motocrosser,as it is quicker than daughters m sport which is 260bhp,but you don't stop for corners with this,have been told that these have a lot more than the 232quoted and how it goes it must be,somebody else could have one and say it is slower

Old
  (#17 (permalink))
totalMember
dave77 is on a distinguished road

Default 1st February 2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
not been on a long run lately,all in traffic is averaging 31mpg does go down to very low single figures when the foot is lowered,in green mode it is like driving a 125 2stroke motocrosser,as it is quicker than daughters m sport which is 260bhp,but you don't stop for corners with this,have been told that these have a lot more than the 232quoted and how it goes it must be,somebody else could have one and say it is slower
I drive my JCW hatch in Sport mode (everywhere) and it feels faster than my 2016 Golf R. Mine has 900 miles on it so it is starting to loosen up. 20mpg is the lowest i have seen, I have tried to get it into single figures but no luck

Cheers,
Dave
Mini Hatch JCW

Old
  (#18 (permalink))
totalBeginner
labbetts is on a distinguished road

Default 5th February 2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7head View Post
Lovely looking combo.... our S will behave like a JCW if all goes to plan, the new gen 2 litre seems to tune to 260 bhp pretty comfortably.

What is the mpg like? Ours has 400 odd miles on now and is similar to our old CMS at around 29. Iím sure this will improve. The green mode (does that even exist on a JCW?!) is much better according to the wife. It offsets my constant sport mode usage!

Have you managed to spin the wheels pulling away with your extra power? The grip is awesome on the All4 compared to our 2wd version (which spun up all the time).

27 mpg for me - mainly short hops with occassional motorway runs.
Was horrendous up until about 1500 miles, couldn't get it above 21mpg.
Green mode made zero difference.

Mine is quite fast, certainly not rapid. But then I have come from a long line of big diesel SUVs with mega amounts of torque... and one M135i for good measure.

It's feels it's weight off the line that's for sure, although All4 does help get the power down.

8spd Gearbox is a cracker, literally.

Old
  (#19 (permalink))
totalBeginner
labbetts is on a distinguished road

Default 5th February 2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave77 View Post
I drive my JCW hatch in Sport mode (everywhere) and it feels faster than my 2016 Golf R. Mine has 900 miles on it so it is starting to loosen up. 20mpg is the lowest i have seen, I have tried to get it into single figures but no luck
Suprised. I haven't driven a Golf R (had several GTI's) but have tested a new S3.
Felt like it would destroy a Mini JCW. It felt even quicker than my M135i.

That said, it was a somewhat souless machine- nothing like the character and playfullness of the JCW. I certainly wouldn't buy the audi over the mini.

Old
  (#20 (permalink))
totalMember
dave77 is on a distinguished road

Default 5th February 2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labbetts View Post
Suprised. I haven't driven a Golf R (had several GTI's) but have tested a new S3.
Felt like it would destroy a Mini JCW. It felt even quicker than my M135i.

That said, it was a somewhat souless machine- nothing like the character and playfullness of the JCW. I certainly wouldn't buy the audi over the mini.
The Golf R is very fast but not as easy to drive fast. I agree I always found it soulless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0899.jpg (97.4 KB, 4 views)

Cheers,
Dave
Mini Hatch JCW