totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Old
  (#21 (permalink))
totalAddict
yorkie is on a distinguished road

Default 5th February 2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labbetts View Post
Suprised. I haven't driven a Golf R (had several GTI's) but have tested a new S3.
Felt like it would destroy a Mini JCW. It felt even quicker than my M135i.

That said, it was a somewhat souless machine- nothing like the character and playfullness of the JCW. I certainly wouldn't buy the audi over the mini.
Had a go in a s1 and s3,felt poorly built and bland,can not have a tow bar on either and they may be faster on paper,but in real life neither are as fast

Old
  (#22 (permalink))
Total revisitor
buz999 is on a distinguished road

Default 5th February 2018, 04:46 PM

We’re all fans of our JCW’s and the latest S3 is pretty bland in comparison to drive but it would leave us for dust!

2016 F56 JCW, CR/B, CHILI/TECH/MEDIA, PAN ROOF+RAILS, SUN PROTECTION GLASS, HEATED SCREEN+SEATS, ADAPTIVE DAMPERS, JCW PRO FRONT SPLITTER+MIRROR CAPS+MATS............

Old
  (#23 (permalink))
totalAddict
7head is on a distinguished road

Default 5th February 2018, 05:44 PM

Pretty much every Audi south of the RS badge is a bit bland.... mind you so was the 335d BMW I had..... but thats just the way I see cars.... I like to be involved. The Audi 'unplugs" the driver and insulates them from the actual feeling & nuances of driving..... A lot of people like that and I can see why. Just not for us I guess as we drive Minis!

R60 Cooper S auto, Pure red, chilli, media and light packs..SOLD

F60 Cooper S All4 auto. Thunder grey with a lot of gloss black and very little chrome. Chilli, Media, Tech, XL, LEDs, pano roof, black 19s, black leather, black stripes, black roof, black rails (I like black)....pretty much all options ticked - already regret the ones that are missing.

Old
  (#24 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 5th February 2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz999 View Post
Were all fans of our JCWs and the latest S3 is pretty bland in comparison to drive but it would leave us for dust!
2016 Jcw had the performance exhaust and this countryman is faster

Old
  (#25 (permalink))
totalMember
dave77 is on a distinguished road

Default 6th February 2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz999 View Post
Were all fans of our JCWs and the latest S3 is pretty bland in comparison to drive but it would leave us for dust!
In a straight line drag my Golf R would have beaten my JCW but round a twisty road I have more confidence in the Mini but a better driver than me in the Golf would probably disappear on any road.

I tried the Bentley Continental on the track and the Bentley race driver told me I was like a learner doing my test.

Cheers,
Dave
Mini Hatch JCW

Old
  (#26 (permalink))
Total revisitor
buz999 is on a distinguished road

Default 6th February 2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave77 View Post
I tried the Bentley Continental on the track and the Bentley race driver told me I was like a learner doing my test.
Now that is a blow to any petrol heads moral

2016 F56 JCW, CR/B, CHILI/TECH/MEDIA, PAN ROOF+RAILS, SUN PROTECTION GLASS, HEATED SCREEN+SEATS, ADAPTIVE DAMPERS, JCW PRO FRONT SPLITTER+MIRROR CAPS+MATS............

The Following User Says Thank You to buz999 For This Useful Post:
dave77 (6th February 2018)
Old
  (#27 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 30th May 2018, 01:40 PM

car now 6months old,2700miles,dealer is crap , one we have changed to has not changed service partner in car since December, you sit 2'' lower in drivers seat than passenger when thy are both fully raised and it is developing a lump in the back rest, steering wheel has a rubbing sound, sat nav will not take us the way we want to go on journeys like to tom did, speed signs on heads up display have a mind of its own, on some 60 roads says 70 ,we live in a village that is 30 from one end to the other it says 60 some days and 70 others, distance and speed control and braking on cruise control doesn't work, handbrake does not always release as it should, first gear is terrible to find , it goes fast and is comfy, would we have another , never, will we be keeping it no way, will look to see if prices go up if there is none around in the next few months, it is losing to much to get rid of it now, but will defiantly be gone before the first service, wish we had never gone back to mini last year ,one very peed off owner, the badge is very expensive which is what you are paying for

Last edited by yorkie; 30th May 2018 at 02:31 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to yorkie For This Useful Post:
dave77 (30th May 2018)
Old
  (#28 (permalink))
totalBeginner
labbetts is on a distinguished road

Default 30th May 2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
car now 6months old,2700miles,dealer is crap , one we have changed to has not changed service partner in car since December, you sit 2'' lower in drivers seat than passenger when thy are both fully raised and it is developing a lump in the back rest, steering wheel has a rubbing sound, sat nav will not take us the way we want to go on journeys like to tom did, speed signs on heads up display have a mind of its own, on some 60 roads says 70 ,we live in a village that is 30 from one end to the other it says 60 some days and 70 others, distance and speed control and braking on cruise control doesn't work, handbrake does not always release as it should, it goes fast and is comfy, would we have another , never, will we be keeping it no way, will look to see if prices go up if there is none around in the next few months, it is losing to much to get rid of it now, but will defiantly be gone before the first service, wish we had never gone back to mini last year ,one very peed off owner, the badge is very expensive which is what you are paying for
Sounds like your patience has run out fella.

Take it to another dealer seems the most obvious course of action.

The Sat Nav system is the same Pro Nav used in tens of thousands of BMW's, so should be pretty flawless. That said, like all computers you do have to allow for a degree of error when it comes to things like the best route. Historically i've always found BMW's system vastly superior to other manufacturers (VW's was woeful)

I've not noticed the seat, but then i awlays sit much lower than my wife. Obvious resolve is to just lower her seat by 2", certainly not something i'd lose sleep over.

I had the rubbing steering wheel on a Mercedes once (and a Mk VI Golf funnily enough). Sometimes intense summer heat can create some noisy plastics.

My Mini certainly isn't the quietest car i've had, nor is it the best screwed together, but in 12 months of ownership it's been pretty flawless (touching wood as I type*) and much more fun than most metal i've bought. I always enjoy driving it, and for that reason alone i'll forgive the odd anomaly.

I doubt prices will increase mate, if you want out then you're better off shifting sooner rather than later. I think you'll take a huge hit personally. I think prices will stabalise around the mid-low twenties - at which point a used JCW Countryman becomes desirable.

Yours is manual isn't it?

Old
  (#29 (permalink))
totalAddict
Clubmanrob is on a distinguished road

Default 30th May 2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
Had a go in a s1 and s3,felt poorly built and bland,can not have a tow bar on either and they may be faster on paper,but in real life neither are as fast
I've got a 2014 S3 and a 2015 F56 Cooper S. The S3 is ridiculously quick but I much prefer the Cooper S which I agree is better built and although slower and hasn't got anywhere near the kit the S3 has, just feels a more complete car (and way more fun).

Old
  (#30 (permalink))
totalBeginner
labbetts is on a distinguished road

Default 30th May 2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubmanrob View Post
I've got a 2014 S3 and a 2015 F56 Cooper S. The S3 is ridiculously quick but I much prefer the Cooper S which I agree is better built and although slower and hasn't got anywhere near the kit the S3 has, just feels a more complete car (and way more fun).
The S3 i test drove felt even quicker than an M135i i had at the time.
But it just left me feeling... 'meh'

I stuck with the 1 for the engine note alone, but soon sacked that off for being a bit numb.

Bloody quick mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to labbetts For This Useful Post:
Cobstar (17th June 2018)