Like/Follow Us here: 
Old
  (#31 (permalink))
totalAddict
yorkie is on a distinguished road

Default 30th May 2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labbetts View Post
Sounds like your patience has run out fella.

Take it to another dealer seems the most obvious course of action.

The Sat Nav system is the same Pro Nav used in tens of thousands of BMW's, so should be pretty flawless. That said, like all computers you do have to allow for a degree of error when it comes to things like the best route. Historically i've always found BMW's system vastly superior to other manufacturers (VW's was woeful)

I've not noticed the seat, but then i awlays sit much lower than my wife. Obvious resolve is to just lower her seat by 2", certainly not something i'd lose sleep over.

I had the rubbing steering wheel on a Mercedes once (and a Mk VI Golf funnily enough). Sometimes intense summer heat can create some noisy plastics.

My Mini certainly isn't the quietest car i've had, nor is it the best screwed together, but in 12 months of ownership it's been pretty flawless (touching wood as I type*) and much more fun than most metal i've bought. I always enjoy driving it, and for that reason alone i'll forgive the odd anomaly.

I doubt prices will increase mate, if you want out then you're better off shifting sooner rather than later. I think you'll take a huge hit personally. I think prices will stabalise around the mid-low twenties - at which point a used JCW Countryman becomes desirable.

Yours is manual isn't it?
manual,daughters bmw is the same with the sat nav,tried a second dealer that still hasn't changed it in the car,will go when patience hits rock bottom , mrs hates driving it because of the gears

Old
  (#32 (permalink))
totalBeginner
labbetts is on a distinguished road

Default 30th May 2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
manual,daughters bmw is the same with the sat nav,tried a second dealer that still hasn't changed it in the car,will go when patience hits rock bottom , mrs hates driving it because of the gears
i can only guess you've played with the settings to elimate certain annoyances.
I don't have the speed limit settings so can't comment, but i've always found the ProNav to be excellent.

webuyanycar will give you a good idea of trade in value, albeit it at the very bottom end. Look at it as worst case scenario. Just make sure you're sitting down

Old
  (#33 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 30th May 2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labbetts View Post
i can only guess you've played with the settings to elimate certain annoyances.
I don't have the speed limit settings so can't comment, but i've always found the ProNav to be excellent.

webuyanycar will give you a good idea of trade in value, albeit it at the very bottom end. Look at it as worst case scenario. Just make sure you're sitting down
nearly flattened one of there operatives when they gave us a price and changed when we got there,they are for people who bite more than they can chew on finance,they offer people what they need to pay the car off,if you think the sat nav is good put in from kings lynn to Whitby on aa route planner,go for a17 option then try putting it in the car with out 3 other vias ,when you get to the humber bridge it brings you back dosnt say you have got there,pay 40000 for a car and use a 100 tom tom,daughter uses her phone never sat nav on car,it is all a joke

Last edited by yorkie; 31st May 2018 at 08:41 AM.

Old
  (#34 (permalink))
Old Skool
humph is on a distinguished road

Default 1st June 2018, 08:51 AM

Does the sat nav not offer alternative routes? I'm pretty sure my old Clubmen (both of them) would let you read through the route it had chosen and let you choose alternatives, albeit slightly laboriously. Seem to remember it was in a funny place most would never look, but there was a function. Have the same system in the 220d now so will check it out.

Old
  (#35 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 1st June 2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humph View Post
Does the sat nav not offer alternative routes? I'm pretty sure my old Clubmen (both of them) would let you read through the route it had chosen and let you choose alternatives, albeit slightly laboriously. Seem to remember it was in a funny place most would never look, but there was a function. Have the same system in the 220d now so will check it out.
yes you get 3,for the one I quoted it gives 2 more to the main one,the route we go is 170m,there quickest 210m and the others both longer in miles and time,the reason we go the way we do is to miss over night road works,daughters bmw is just the same,we used it the other day to go some where local it took us round the other side of the town to bring us back,5 miles further on a 15 mile journey,it is sat in our garage in the middle of the village and the heads up display says 60mph,it is going to the doctors on the 12th,they say it sounds as tho it has not had a pdi,was 10mins from us getting a phone call to say it had just arrived,we saw it in the workshop with stickers still on and no number plates on,30 mins later it past us on the road

Old
  (#36 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 3rd June 2018, 05:20 PM

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...i-xdrive-model will replace the countryman before it comes back

Old
  (#37 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 12th June 2018, 03:06 PM

car just come back from a day at the doctors,they know there is a fault with sat nav and speed limits shown in display but nobody knows what is causing it,some other people have the same problem,but mini don't know what it is,rear washer sorted,pipe was off,only just checked invoice they never did any thing about cruise control,or driving assistance got keep a list of things for the next fort night,then it has to go in for 3 days,7 months 2 garages and mini still carnet sort it out,mini owners are not treated the same at the garages as bmw ones either,all I know is they love to raz about in the car and use a quarter of a tank of fuel!,this is the worst car we have ever owned,any one want to buy one?,before it gets traded in,have had enough of the pile of crap!

Last edited by yorkie; 12th June 2018 at 03:31 PM.

Old
  (#38 (permalink))
totalBeginner
keithhack is on a distinguished road

Default 12th June 2018, 05:07 PM

You are correct about not getting the same treatment as bmw owners. This is are fourth mini and told the salesman the only thing bad about a mini is you need to take it to a bmw dealer to get it fixed. A friend worked on the service department of a big bmw dealer and you never get the best technicians and train the apprentices on them . If you drive a bmw and need a loan car they have one but got a mini and you need to wait four weeks .
It just the way it is pay more and you get more but lose more when you sell it .
I hope you get the faults sorted I find the mini are good on the engine and drive train but not so good on the electrical side. It the same with my VW .

Old
  (#39 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 12th June 2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhack View Post
You are correct about not getting the same treatment as bmw owners. This is are fourth mini and told the salesman the only thing bad about a mini is you need to take it to a bmw dealer to get it fixed. A friend worked on the service department of a big bmw dealer and you never get the best technicians and train the apprentices on them . If you drive a bmw and need a loan car they have one but got a mini and you need to wait four weeks .
It just the way it is pay more and you get more but lose more when you sell it .
I hope you get the faults sorted I find the mini are good on the engine and drive train but not so good on the electrical side. It the same with my VW .
Since coming back home have phoned another dealer,they say the maps are not up to date,sounds logical,so why have 2 others not come up with this,daughter with a 2 year old bmw is treated better at the garages than us,nead to find a wrangler to swop it for,have been back to garages more with this car than all the others we have owned,should never have bought new,just been back in touch to book car in got a different bloke he said updating maps wont make any difference to problem,so no point taking it there as he said they would come up with same answer,but he says detection is done thru the camera,why not change the camera,bet they would if it was not under warrenty,think this is what the problem is,mini just want all your money all the time,not bothered about the custermer,this car has never had seat protectors or carpet protectors when it has been in the garages,they did with the jimny

Last edited by yorkie; 13th June 2018 at 08:50 AM.

Old
  (#40 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 13th June 2018, 06:21 PM

Car went to Lancaster mini yesterday,have now looked it over today,they never used seat or carpet covers,drivers seat is marked,all engine bay is covered in muck,plastic and paint work are all covered in tyre shine,bloke came out and explained problems,he didn’t do the work was a different one did it,no wonder it was not done right,now up to mini complaints to sort out,had enough of mini garages and mini,they have been told if it was on finance it would be back at the dealers,after picking it back up it is noisier and making rattling noises,buy a car pay a fortune for things that don’t work and people don’t no how to fix,maybe they aren’t bothered because the countryman is no more