totalMINI
Home Forum FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Go Back   totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum > Model & Non-Model Specific > MINI Countryman
Reload this Page Countryman Spacesaver Spare

Click here to visit our sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Countryman Spacesaver Spare
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalAddict
MAB is on a distinguished road

Default Countryman Spacesaver Spare - 26th August 2013, 10:40 AM

I don't own a CM but saw this posted on another forum and thought it may be of interest to some.

Quote:

Spare Tire Solution~
After extensive measures we have developed a Spare Tire Adapter Kit for your 2011+ Mini Countryman (including S & ALL4 models).
Our Adapter Kit includes a CNC machined aluminum Hub-Centric/Wheel-Centric Adapter & all associated hardware of proper grade strength, mounting socket with handle & a convenient storage case.
The total weight is well under 5lbs & easily fits under a seat or in the hatch under the storage area. This updated version clears both the front & rear calipers. Use it whereever your flat is!

What Else Do I need~
Good Question! You will need a spare *tire/rim & an air compressor. We do not include these items in the kit. Here's why:

- An Air Pump Kit. We simply do not offer any brand of this kit. These are readily available in a variety of kits/brands/sizes. Some include 'Slime' etc. (typically around $20)

- A Compact Folding Spare. You need quite a specific wheel/tire here. It is only available New from a Mercedes Benz dealer & is quite expensive. Hold on..We've discovered these are readily available through eBay, Craigslist & even local Junk yards. (The MB part# is 1704010502 ).

These are typically found on 1998-00 SLK models & many others. This is a 15x4.5" Space Saver Compact Folding Spare. Usually w/ a Veredstein Tire.

- Your factory cone seat wheel bolts. You will need these to mount the Adapter to your car. *if you are running an aftermarket wheel that uses a supplied 'ball seat' bolt, be sure to place 5 of your OEM Cone Seat bolts in the vehicle.
More details:
TDNCMSTAK, Mini Countryman Spare Tire

Last edited by MAB; 26th August 2013 at 10:45 AM.

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
Exterminate!
Elphaba is a jewel in the roughElphaba is a jewel in the roughElphaba is a jewel in the roughElphaba is a jewel in the rough

Default 26th August 2013, 12:05 PM

Quite cool - there are a couple of the required Mercedes wheel/tyre combos on eBay at mo: one at 60. So all in you are looking at about 160 or so for a spare wheel kit that fits under flat boot floor.

All 4 one...

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
TotalMINI Obsessive
caveman dave is on a distinguished road

Default 26th August 2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
Quite cool - there are a couple of the required Mercedes wheel/tyre combos on eBay at mo: one at 60. So all in you are looking at about 160 or so for a spare wheel kit that fits under flat boot floor.
The only problem with 60 ebay wheels is the remaining tread, however there are 2 brand new ones with tyres at 130.
Maybe we could do a join purchase to save on shipping.

WARNING: Modifications seriously damage your wealth.

As does changing your MINI every 6 months.

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
Exterminate!
Elphaba is a jewel in the roughElphaba is a jewel in the roughElphaba is a jewel in the roughElphaba is a jewel in the rough

Default 26th August 2013, 03:47 PM

Trouble is I have run flats on the new car are you still running on run flats or have you swapped them out?

All 4 one...

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
TotalMINI Obsessive

Default 26th August 2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
Trouble is I have run flats on the new car are you still running on run flats or have you swapped them out?
I am still on runflats.

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Alun is on a distinguished road

Default 26th February 2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB View Post
I don't own a CM but saw this posted on another forum and thought it may be of interest to some.

Quote:

Spare Tire Solution~
After extensive measures we have developed a Spare Tire Adapter Kit for your 2011+ Mini Countryman (including S & ALL4 models).
Our Adapter Kit includes a CNC machined aluminum Hub-Centric/Wheel-Centric Adapter & all associated hardware of proper grade strength, mounting socket with handle & a convenient storage case.
The total weight is well under 5lbs & easily fits under a seat or in the hatch under the storage area. This updated version clears both the front & rear calipers. Use it whereever your flat is!

What Else Do I need~
Good Question! You will need a spare *tire/rim & an air compressor. We do not include these items in the kit. Here's why:

- An Air Pump Kit. We simply do not offer any brand of this kit. These are readily available in a variety of kits/brands/sizes. Some include 'Slime' etc. (typically around $20)

- A Compact Folding Spare. You need quite a specific wheel/tire here. It is only available New from a Mercedes Benz dealer & is quite expensive. Hold on..We've discovered these are readily available through eBay, Craigslist & even local Junk yards. (The MB part# is 1704010502 ).

These are typically found on 1998-00 SLK models & many others. This is a 15x4.5" Space Saver Compact Folding Spare. Usually w/ a Veredstein Tire.

- Your factory cone seat wheel bolts. You will need these to mount the Adapter to your car. *if you are running an aftermarket wheel that uses a supplied 'ball seat' bolt, be sure to place 5 of your OEM Cone Seat bolts in the vehicle.
More details:

Hi thanks for the advise I have just ordered a MB space saver wheel , I already have pump, do I need the hub adaptor ? I have the standard 17" style 124 r60 wheels

If I do where do I buy from please?

Cheers

Old
  (#7 (permalink))
TotalMINI Obsessive

Default 26th February 2014, 09:54 PM

Follow the link in the first post

Old
  (#8 (permalink))
totalAddict
Angib is on a distinguished road

Default 27th February 2014, 10:07 AM

$145 plus shipping from the US!

Old
  (#9 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Alun is on a distinguished road

Default 27th February 2014, 06:44 PM

Thanks for that missed the link lol

Is there anywhere in the uk ?
I tried to order the kit but it said no to uk?
Cheers

Old
  (#10 (permalink))
totalAddict
MAB is on a distinguished road

Default 28th February 2014, 11:12 PM

The M-B compact folding spare uses a different bolt pattern, lower offset & smaller centerbore, as well as bolt size. It's not a direct bolt-on.
Therefore the machined adapter converts your 5x120 Countryman hub to the proper fitment to temporarily accept the MB rim.
Standard Mini factory cone seat wheel bolts are needed to mount the Adapter to your car available from Mini dealers.
I only know of the USA link for the adaptor kit......they should ship to UK if you contact them direct by email for international orders.....their website does not allow international orders:
International Orders

Quote:
"We gladly ship International on most of our products. Our shopping cart is currently set to Not allow International Check out. We only ship to to selected countries. Please contact us before attempting to make any order. We only accept payment through PayPal. Please contact us directly via email for instructions."