totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
35,000 miles report
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD
zf44 is on a distinguished road

Default 35,000 miles report - 27th January 2014, 05:21 PM

Now reached another milestone by covering 35k miles and fast approaching three years of ownership and we have to say it’s the best car we have ever owned: this is our 14th car after many years of driving and we tend to trade in our cars before they reach 30k miles but with trouble free motoring, excellent build quality and very good dealer support, we have decided to keep it until the finance ends in 2015.

Following on from our 25k miles report (click here), updates are,

Build quality – continues to drive along with no rattles or squeaks. There was a sunroof rattle that was caused by a loose cable which was covered by warranty.

Paint quality – the paint is so tough that it doesn’t easily chip and it hasn’t lost the shine since the day of purchase. Also, no colour mismatch against the plastic trims, such as the bumper, which some of our previous makes suffered from.

Tyres – we have the Goodyear Efficient Grip 225/45 r18 91V runflats. Runflats are essential for us with our local stretch of the motorway not having a hard shoulder and no complaints on the quality of the ride at all. Front tyres were replaced at 22k miles and the rears are still on the original and wearing very well. We took out MINI PROTECT tyre insurance for 220 for a full three year period to give us piece of mind against punctures or any other form of damage.

Oil consumption – hardly any oil consumed and recently carried out the oil change service as part of TLC.

Fuel Consumption – thanks to the appalling condition of our local country lanes (littered with potholes) and ‘kamikaze’ wildlife we have decided to always use the motorway route for our daily commute. With normal driving fuel consumption remains at around 50mpg in the colder months and up to 58 mpg in the summer.

Alloys – highly recommend the 18” turbo fan alloys, these are very easy to keep clean and neatly conceal the wheel nuts which are prone to rust.

Brakes – disappointed that both the front pads and discs had to be replaced at 25k miles (putting it down to be driven hard during its demo days) but currently wear indicator shows both front and back pad wear have well over 20k miles left.

Xenons – this is our first car with xenons (part of the vision pack with adaptive lights) and they are brilliant. Drove through a snow blizzard yesterday and I could easily see my surroundings. We will always opt for these on any car we purchase from now on.

Road Tax and Insurance – being a two wheel drive tax remains at 30 per year and insurance at 126 a year.

Recalls – the entire fuel line and power steering adapter.

Extended warranty and XTLC – now that we have decided to keep it beyond three years, we are in the process in purchasing extended warranty, the MINI scheme now provides a rolling cover of around 30 a month with breakdown cover. With XTLC comes to 275 for an additional three years and fully transferable to the new owner.

If you are considering buying a used CM, some faults to watch out on model years 2010 to 2012 (these are the models which don't have the window switches on the door),

- Heavy clutch wear on ALL4 models. All ALL4s built from November 2012 have a more durable clutch assembly.
- Power hesitation on Cooper S models.
- Chrome has a tendency to peel on the belt line.
- Rusty components, especially, surface rust on the water pump.
- Reading lights have a mind of their own by switching on when the car is locked.
- Corrosion on ‘two tone’ alloys.

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD. Kite blue, chilli pack, media pack, convertible pack, black xenon headlights, 17" silver conical alloys, runflat tyres, heated punch leather seats, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, chrome spot lights and folding door mirrors.

2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Light white, chilli pack, media pack, Harmon Kardon, black xenon headlights, panoramic sunroof, 18" star double spoke alloys, runflat tyres, heated lounge leather seats, heated windscreen, folding electric mirrors, auto dimming internal/external mirrors, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Crystal silver, chilli pack, media pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD. Crystal silver, chilli pack, vision pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

Last edited by zf44; 27th January 2014 at 06:05 PM.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zf44 For This Useful Post:
ajseymour (28th January 2014), Downton Mini (29th January 2014), jeremybingham (23rd November 2014), mini mad andy (28th January 2014)
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalAddict
Paul storey is on a distinguished road

Thanked 3,006 Times in 2,757 Posts

Default 27th January 2014, 05:44 PM

Glad your enjoying it sounds like you love your countryman excellent write up thanks for sharing

The Following User Says Thank You to Paul storey For This Useful Post:
zf44 (27th January 2014)
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
Exterminate!
Elphaba is a jewel in the roughElphaba is a jewel in the roughElphaba is a jewel in the roughElphaba is a jewel in the rough

Default 28th January 2014, 11:58 AM

Great review update - I'm up to 4k miles now and it's a very solid comfortable car.

All 4 one...

The Following User Says Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:
zf44 (28th January 2014)
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalAddict
Works Clubbie is on a distinguished road

Default 28th January 2014, 02:34 PM

Excellent review for potential owners, thanks for sharing it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Works Clubbie For This Useful Post:
zf44 (28th January 2014)
Old
  (#5 (permalink))
Gie it laldy
mini mad andy is on a distinguished road

Default 28th January 2014, 03:27 PM

Hi,

Good review , it is good to hear that you are still happy with your car as I have a Countryman Cooper D on order, expecting it in the first week of March.

Cheers .

Andy

The Following User Says Thank You to mini mad andy For This Useful Post:
zf44 (28th January 2014)
Old
  (#6 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD

Default 28th January 2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini mad andy View Post
Hi,

Good review , it is good to hear that you are still happy with your car as I have a Countryman Cooper D on order, expecting it in the first week of March.

Cheers .

Andy
Congratulations on your forthcoming purchase! You will soon be attached to it...... I'm at two minds to part with mine unlike my previous makes where I was glad to see the back of them.

Current
2013/13 Mini Roadster 2.0 Cooper SD. Kite blue, chilli pack, media pack, convertible pack, black xenon headlights, 17" silver conical alloys, runflat tyres, heated punch leather seats, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, chrome spot lights and folding door mirrors.

2016/16 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Light white, chilli pack, media pack, Harmon Kardon, black xenon headlights, panoramic sunroof, 18" star double spoke alloys, runflat tyres, heated lounge leather seats, heated windscreen, folding electric mirrors, auto dimming internal/external mirrors, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

Previous
2013/13 Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4. Crystal silver, chilli pack, media pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

2011/11 Mini Countryman 1.6 Cooper D 2WD. Crystal silver, chilli pack, vision pack, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights, 18" silver turbo fan alloys, runflat tyres, rear spoiler, chrome line interior, full bluetooth usb, armrest, piano black interior trim, flat load boot floor, anthracite headliner and sport button.

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report

The Following User Says Thank You to zf44 For This Useful Post:
mini mad andy (28th January 2014)
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
Gie it laldy
mini mad andy is on a distinguished road

Default 28th January 2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zf44 View Post
Congratulations on your forthcoming purchase! You will soon be attached to it...... I'm at two minds to part with mine unlike my previous makes where I was glad to see the back of them.

Thanks I'm really looking forward to getting it. Only got another 5 weeks to wait, but it's going to be a long 5 weeks though.

Cheers .

Andy

Old
  (#8 (permalink))
totalMember
tc248carl is on a distinguished road

Default 29th January 2014, 02:10 PM

just done 1200 miles in ours.went to see a mate from the rs owners club do a gig in leeds last friday so took a couple of mates with me.they were really surprised at how nice and roomy and comfy the countryman is.they didnt expect it from as how they describe it from the front..its no beauty.they were quietly impressed at how peppy the little 1.6 d was on acceleration.it was the first time i had had someone in the back who is 6' and i reckon there was more space for him than our freelander.the more me and my lad use this car the more we love it......and its supposed to be my good ladies car.not done any long journeys in it byet but will be off over to hull in a fortnight to an athletics comp with my lad so ,looking froward to that

my 58 000 miles report
Old
  (#9 (permalink))
totalBeginner
pillywally is on a distinguished road

Default my 58 000 miles report - 1st February 2014, 09:20 AM

Thanks for the detailed report. Just about 3 years old too.
I agree with most of the things you said expect for:
-fuel consumption -i have averaged 44.2mpg
-mine does rattle a bit more now and paint is chipped a fair bit
-also got tired of replacing fog lights every time they crack- they still work so just leave them alone now
-my brakes have never been replaced but are due at next service

The chrome along the rear belt line has been replaced under warranty and the inside fan motor stuck after a period of inactivity- so was no blown air (and Heating!!) but Mini services were great and fixed it the same day at my house!

Tyres last forever- i have Michelen energy tyres and seem to last about 40 000 miles!

After 50 000 miles took out another Mini TLC to last another 3 years (for me will be limited by mileage, not time though).

All in all- this is the best time for the All4 in the ice and wet and still love how the car corners and drives (mostly) although should have got the "S"- probably will in April 14.

Cheers

Last edited by pillywally; 1st February 2014 at 09:25 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pillywally For This Useful Post:
Elphaba (1st February 2014), zf44 (1st February 2014)
Old
  (#10 (permalink))
CM SD ALL4 & Roadster SD

Default 1st February 2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillywally View Post
Thanks for the detailed report. Just about 3 years old too.
I agree with most of the things you said expect for:
-fuel consumption -i have averaged 44.2mpg
-mine does rattle a bit more now and paint is chipped a fair bit
-also got tired of replacing fog lights every time they crack- they still work so just leave them alone now
-my brakes have never been replaced but are due at next service

The chrome along the rear belt line has been replaced under warranty and the inside fan motor stuck after a period of inactivity- so was no blown air (and Heating!!) but Mini services were great and fixed it the same day at my house!

Tyres last forever- i have Michelen energy tyres and seem to last about 40 000 miles!

After 50 000 miles took out another Mini TLC to last another 3 years (for me will be limited by mileage, not time though).

All in all- this is the best time for the All4 in the ice and wet and still love how the car corners and drives (mostly) although should have got the "S"- probably will in April 14.

Cheers
Impressed that your brakes have lasted that long! Is it the Cooper D ALL4 you own? If it is, that's reasonable mpg.

Current

Previous

~ Our CM SD All4
~ 10,000 miles report
~ 20,000 miles report
~ 30,000 miles report
~ 40,000 miles report

~ 25,000 miles report
~ 35,000 miles report