Home Forum FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
How little are they worth
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Carl01 is on a distinguished road

Default How little are they worth - 3rd April 2017, 06:31 PM

So got a letter from my local dealer saying they are desperate for cars as they have a good month, so our of curiosity I thought I would ask. So it's a March 15 Cooper with Chilli pack & a few other toys, TLC pack and only 6,800 on the clock.

The best they would offer is 8,000 as a trade in & basically didn't want it as they don't sell. Well unsurprisingly I said thanks, but no thanks. At least with the PCP I am on I can give it back at the end of the year & treat it as a rental deal. Sad they are worth so little when the weather was as good as it was today.

Does the normal Cooper 3 door lose as much?

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
Total Moderator
Sportspack Mark is a name known to allSportspack Mark is a name known to allSportspack Mark is a name known to allSportspack Mark is a name known to allSportspack Mark is a name known to allSportspack Mark is a name known to all

Default 3rd April 2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl01 View Post
So got a letter from my local dealer saying they are desperate for cars as they have a good month, so our of curiosity I thought I would ask. So it's a March 15 Cooper with Chilli pack & a few other toys, TLC pack and only 6,800 on the clock.

The best they would offer is 8,000 as a trade in & basically didn't want it as they don't sell. Well unsurprisingly I said thanks, but no thanks. At least with the PCP I am on I can give it back at the end of the year & treat it as a rental deal. Sad they are worth so little when the weather was as good as it was today.

Does the normal Cooper 3 door lose as much?
unfortunately with the more niche MINIs in the lineup such as the paceman, roadster and coupe the market overall didn't take to them very well as a used car. I have had a lot of customers VT them at the end of their agreement.

The more traditional 3 door and 5 doors are better.