totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Paceman R72 2015 iPhone6 no sound USB Audio
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
mandarod is on a distinguished road

Icon8 Paceman R72 2015 iPhone6 no sound USB Audio - 5th July 2016, 05:52 PM

Hi All

I'm new to the forum but wanted to ask for advice as my Mini dealership seem to have little knowledge on how to resolve my issue. They are baffled and I think I may have the wrong cradle or a faulty media system/speakers.

Its a Mini Cooper SD Paceman 2.0 Automatic R72 bought in Sept 2015. It has Chili pack and full Media pack (inc 6FP Visual boost radio, 6NE Enhanced bluetooth with USB audio, 6NM mini connected and 6UM mini navigation).

The dealership also sold me a snap in adaptor for the iPhone 6 which is a BMW part number 84 21 2 407 464 named Snap-In Adapter Connect iPhone6. This adaptor fits neatly into the arm rest like a cradle. It was 166!! I have seen mention of 6NF function for this part number and I don't see that on my listing of media for my car - is this the wrong snap in adaptor?

Since collecting the car I have been unable to use the cradle to listen to my music via the car audio system. It wont give me any sound for either music stored in Apple Music on my iPhone6, or by using the Spotify app as part of mini connect. Bizarrely the screen shows me the track artwork and recognises the track number and counts down the track time but no sound at all. They keep trying to blame it on my iPhone or the current iOs update.

If I use bluetooth audio to listen to music on my iPhone6 the sound comes through the speakers, the minute I place my phone in the cradle (to charge and store), the bluetooth audio is automatically cut by the system as USB audio must be used. As above, when the USB audio works, there is no sound!

I was also recently seeing a strange fault message on the screen "Could You Write New QDC Software". This appeared over the screen and the normal Media screen was not functional. So my dealership have had the car for 3 days and have told me the complete radio head unit has been changed. The software fault has disappeared and the screen now works.

The service guy spent 45 mins this morning trying to understand why the sound won't work in USB audio mode. Their "master technician" from BMW has said that the system must be connected if the artwork is seen on screen etc. And they have never seen this issue before.

The bluetooth connectivity works fine when i use my iPhone6 in the cradle, and calls can be heard perfectly. The radio etc, all the other sound works fine.

But the last number redial on the phone has never had any entries and wont ever remember who i dialled last, so i dont have that function. They borrowed me a F56 as courtesy car and the last number redial brought up the last few on my phone as soon as I connected the bluetooth. Again the service guys have no idea why this isnt working on my Paceman R72.

We've done a hard reset on the iPhone, disconnected it and reconnected to bluetooth. Checked my iPhone6 software is up to date (running iOs 9.3.2) and have tried swapping between radio and USB audio but still no sound. My media system tells me I have multimedia software MX-003-004-031 and the dealership says this is up to date.

The car is great, and I know this is not affecting the drive of the car, but I'm a music buff and regularly travel long distances and i purchased the media pack for this reason. This was a 30k car and is very frustrating.

I've searched the forums and tried to find the answer. Is the snap in adapter a duff? Have they sold me the wrong part? It has no audio in and is just like an lightening connector inside.

Should i just get a Y cable and forget the adapter? I just don't want my phone in the drinks holder with a big white cable trailing.

Can anyone help? (sorry for the long explanation).

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalAddict
Bep phil is on a distinguished road

Default 6th July 2016, 11:50 AM

not a clue to your problem. but the paceman is an R61 not an R72 which may help you in your search.

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalBeginner
mandarod is on a distinguished road

Default 6th July 2016, 12:05 PM

Oh right thank you. It says R72 on my order and invoice??

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalMember
pilotwoo109 is on a distinguished road

Default 7th July 2016, 01:51 PM

Definitely try a y adapter if you can borrow one from the dealer. That will help you to diagnose whether it is the head unit in the car, or the iPhone 6 adapter thats the issue.

If you are anywhere near staffordshire, you would be welcome to use mine to test.

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
totalAddict
Alex1988 is on a distinguished road

Default 14th July 2016, 03:34 PM

I was told by my dealer that you cant play audio through the snap in connector so I didnt really see the benefit of spending that much money. I use a Y cable works great. Mind you I went through 2 cheap ebay ones before I decided to pay the full wack for a MINI official one.

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
totalBeginner
W33GAJ is on a distinguished road

Default 11th June 2017, 05:13 PM

I'm having a similar conundrum. I've reserved a Countryman JCW R60 with media and chilli. I want to play music from my iPhone 6s via usb and have my work phone connected via bluetooth, just like I do in my current F56 Cooper S - purchase being dependant on being able to do that.

I can connect my iPhone via USB and and the screen shows the artwork etc and I have full functionality over the phone from the car, but the sound comes out the phone speakers rather than the speakers in the car. I can stream music via bluetooth, but the functionality is limited and the phone can't be charged at the same time. As soon as it's plugged into the USB, it over-rides the bluetooth connection and no sound. I don't want to stream music via bluetooth from my phone as I don't want to be arriving after a long journey with no charge on my phone.

I've been told by the dealership there's a cable that allows full USB audio streaming and charging while maintaining a telephone connection via bluetooth. Any ideas what cable this is? Purchase of the car is dependant on being able to properly stream via USB from my iPhone while still having my work phone connected via bluetooth.

Any help greatly appreciated, as I'm getting a great deal on the car:-/

Paceman R72 2015 iPhone6 no sound USB Audio
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
totalMember
Kettlepot is on a distinguished road

Default Paceman R72 2015 iPhone6 no sound USB Audio - 11th June 2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W33GAJ View Post
I'm having a similar conundrum. I've reserved a Countryman JCW R60 with media and chilli. I want to play music from my iPhone 6s via usb and have my work phone connected via bluetooth, just like I do in my current F56 Cooper S - purchase being dependant on being able to do that.

I can connect my iPhone via USB and and the screen shows the artwork etc and I have full functionality over the phone from the car, but the sound comes out the phone speakers rather than the speakers in the car. I can stream music via bluetooth, but the functionality is limited and the phone can't be charged at the same time. As soon as it's plugged into the USB, it over-rides the bluetooth connection and no sound. I don't want to stream music via bluetooth from my phone as I don't want to be arriving after a long journey with no charge on my phone.

I've been told by the dealership there's a cable that allows full USB audio streaming and charging while maintaining a telephone connection via bluetooth. Any ideas what cable this is? Purchase of the car is dependant on being able to properly stream via USB from my iPhone while still having my work phone connected via bluetooth.

Any help greatly appreciated, as I'm getting a great deal on the car:-/

You just need the relevant Media cable available from MINI parts of Cotswold MINI on here TM sponsors. He may need you chassis no to check full compatibility as there are a few different cables

The Following User Says Thank You to Kettlepot For This Useful Post:
W33GAJ (11th June 2017)
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 11th June 2017, 06:10 PM

Thank you����

Old
  (#9 (permalink))
totalBeginner