totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
AUX Adapter in the Car
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Alex1981 is on a distinguished road

Default AUX Adapter in the Car - 10th March 2014, 08:06 AM

Does anyone know a good adapter for listening to music collections from Apple devices in the car? I know that there are special car adapters for this. Can you suggest any? I was googling and the best reviews for connecting Apple devices has AUX Link car adapter. But before purchasing it I'd like to get some more information...Is someone using it? What's your opinion? Any other solutions?

Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalBeginner
SamTech1 is on a distinguished road

Default 10th March 2014, 08:24 AM

I purchased AUX Link car adapter almost one year ago. Really satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I was planning to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation on my own, but at any service center you can have it done in no time). I was buying here AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free shipping worldwide. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a hands-free kit. Besides you can control the music using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car radio. Highly recommended.

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 10th March 2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTech1 View Post
I purchased AUX Link car adapter almost one year ago. Really satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I was planning to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation on my own, but at any service center you can have it done in no time). I was buying here AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free shipping worldwide. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a hands-free kit. Besides you can control the music using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car radio. Highly recommended.
Thanks! I checked it out. Positive reviews. Did you buy it together with Bluetooth dongle?To use AUX Link as a hand-free kit...Is it worth it?

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
totalBeginner
SamTech1 is on a distinguished road

Default 10th March 2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1981 View Post
Thanks! I checked it out. Positive reviews. Did you buy it together with Bluetooth dongle?To use AUX Link as a hand-free kit...Is it worth it?
I believe it's absolutely worth it. It's a good substitution for a separate hands-free kit. Thus with this AUX Link you get adapter, charger and a hands-free kit. Three devices in one.

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
totalBeginner

Default 25th March 2014, 10:54 AM

Guys, just wanted to tell you about my personal experience. Eventually decided to buy AUX Link car adapter. I was trying to find the best deal and it's really much cheaper to buy it at the official website AUX Car Kits. The delivery took just five days. At first I decided to try to install it on my own, but experiences some troubles taking out the car stereo. So in the end I had it installed in the nearest auto workshop. It took around 10 minutes. So far totally contempted with the adapter.

Advantages:

- great sound
- can be used as a charger
- with Bluetooth dongle works perfectly as a hands-free kit
- music control with buttons on the steering wheel and buttons on the car stereo (really convenient)
- read all music formats
- compatible with my iOS devices, but there is also a 3.5 mm plug for other mobile devices
- free and fast delivery
- takes very little space and almost invisible
- now I can listen to all my favourite music without carrying piles of CDs.

Disadvantages:

- relatively expensive as I also purchased additional Bluetooth dongle
- could't easily extract the head unit so had to go to service center

But taking everything into account, I guess it's a good price-quality ratio. So all in all it's worth it.

Tags
aux, car accessories, car adapter, car stereo, head unit