totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Paintless dent removal Recommendation
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalAddict
Richard Martin is on a distinguished road

Default Paintless dent removal Recommendation - 30th August 2013, 09:18 AM

Hi guys.

Not sure if this is the right place for this so please feel free to move it if not.

I treated myself to 57 plate astro black cooper S a couple of weeks ago. I bought it privately and when i went to view the car, it was clean but in desperate need of a polish as the car was virtually matt but it all looked straight, had what i wanted spec wise and the engine sounded sweet so i did a deal and bought it home.

As I went about polishing the car and bringing the shine back, It became apparent that there were a few dings in the car that i have not noticed before. Not the end of the world as it is after all a used car. There was one that really did bug me though which was on the edge of the door jamb which looks like a seatbelt buckle had been caught when the door was closed, this created a small kink that was glaringly obvious when the car was nice and shiny again as it really distorted the reflection.

I was particularly bummed at this as the paint chip caused by this had been professionally repaired so i was worried that if they fixed the paint but not the dent, it was because the dent couldn't be fixed and id have to live with it.

Anyhow, I used to work in the motor trade and remembered the name of a guy who does dent removal thinking that at the very least, ill get all the other dinks taken care of.
Sure enough, when Kevin arrived he confirmed that he couldn't get behind the panel to stretch the kink out but would see what he could do by trying to tap it in.

He has just left and I have to say I am absolutely delighted with the result. I have had 4 panel dinks removed and despite what he said, he has been able to completely remove the kink in the door jamb!

The best part is it cost was absolutely fantastic! when he told me how much it was going to be, i thought he meant each dink but it was for the whole job!

Neeless to say im over the moon ( hence my long rambling post!)

If anyone in the west midlands area want to give this guy a shout, his website it:

Kev the Dent | Paintless dent removal | Birmingham, UK

thoroughly recommended

Last edited by Richard Martin; 30th August 2013 at 12:40 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Martin For This Useful Post:
Rakey (2nd September 2013)
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
totalAddict
Bassey is on a distinguished road

Default 30th August 2013, 10:07 AM

Excellent result, glad you got it sorted. It would have niggled away at you otherwise.

Old
  (#3 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 30th August 2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassey View Post
Excellent result, glad you got it sorted. It would have niggled away at you otherwise.
Exactly!

so now i have all the stone chips sorted, the body work sorted. just need to now book it in for a machine polish to remove all the swirls that i can't get out by hand then I "think" ill be happy

Old
  (#4 (permalink))
The wife thinks its hers!
Goonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to behold

Default 30th August 2013, 12:00 PM

Why not get yourself a DA polisher and do it yourself? .... they are dead easy to use and low risk (compared with a Rotary). I don't know how much it costs to get a MINI machine polished, but I would guess it's more than the cost a DA ....

Just a thought.

Old
  (#5 (permalink))
totalAddict

Default 30th August 2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonerij View Post
Why not get yourself a DA polisher and do it yourself? .... they are dead easy to use and low risk (compared with a Rotary). I don't know how much it costs to get a MINI machine polished, but I would guess it's more than the cost a DA ....

Just a thought.
i was quoted 165. i do like the idea of being able to do it myself so ill do a bit of research.

I changed the rear bumper on the car as there was a crease on it so i guess i could use this to practice on

Old
  (#6 (permalink))
The wife thinks its hers!
Goonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to beholdGoonerij is a splendid one to behold

Default 30th August 2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
i was quoted 165. i do like the idea of being able to do it myself so ill do a bit of research.

I changed the rear bumper on the car as there was a crease on it so i guess i could use this to practice on
A DAS6 will cost you way less than that. Search back through the detailing threads as there was a thread about this the other evening .... a good deal to be had via Detailing World if I recall (?)

--------------

Edit. This is the thread I was referring to: DA Polisher

Last edited by Goonerij; 30th August 2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Link

The Following User Says Thank You to Goonerij For This Useful Post:
Richard Martin (31st August 2013)
Paintless dent removal Recommendation
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
totalAddict
minibbb is on a distinguished road

Default Paintless dent removal Recommendation - 30th August 2013, 05:12 PM

I highly recommend a DA. Failing that some prima Amigo and Gtechniq C2V3 will make your Astro black S (great choice btw!) look like mine

Mine requires correction as fair few swirls, the above combo improved things no end though!