Home Forum FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
Sports Stripes
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
totalBeginner
Sim_Nugget is on a distinguished road

MINI Icon Black Sports Stripes - 18th April 2016, 12:45 PM

I have an R56 JCW with the Sports stripes - two thick viper stripes with the thin ones on the outer edge.

Here's the rub - I had a 2010 car with the same stripes all over the car, from lower front lip, right over and down the back to the exhaust surround. They looked great and lasted well.

I bought a newer 2011 JCW model recently and requested (and paid extra for) the dealer to fit the same style stripes. Different dealer, different fitter.

The new ones came with a join on the outer edge of the rear bumper which I think looks dreadful, collects dirt and is starting to lift. When queried I was told (both by the dealer and the fitter) that they have to be done this way because the curvature of the bumper (left to right) would cause the vertical lines of the stripes to bow outwards. Sounds a slightly plausible excuse but the original stripes on the old car were a single piece all down the rear bumper and I do not recall an issue.

They have agreed to redo the stripes to correct the many areas that are lifting but say they have to have a join across the rear bumper edge and the dealer agrees.

I feel they are extracting the urine...

Any advice welcome.

S
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.4 KB, 21 views)