totalMINI
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Like/Follow Us here: 
rims never dirty?
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
genik is Offline
Banned
genik is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 182
Thanks: 19
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Join Date: Feb 2014
   
Default rims never dirty? - 23rd October 2015, 07:56 PM

Is there some kind of solution that can be applied on rims in order to repel dirt and water so that they are never dirty?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2 (permalink))
Novus is Offline
totalAddict
Novus is on a distinguished road
 
Novus's Avatar
 
Posts: 186
Thanks: 29
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manchester
   
Default 23rd October 2015, 09:50 PM

Sadly not but a coating like Carpro D-lux or G-techniq C5 will certainly help to keep them cleaner and easier to clean when they are dirty.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
keano is Offline
totalAddict
keano is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,379
Thanks: 107
Thanked 361 Times in 326 Posts
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Town
   
Default 26th October 2015, 08:27 AM

Alot of the muck on wheels is brake dust so if you never use your brakes that should reduce the amount of dirt you get... not too practical though!!

I use poorboysworld wheel sealant - a few coats of that when the wheels are immaculate then it certainly helps. I found I was able to just rinse them down with the pressure washer once a week was enough to not have to get in and clean them properly... did have to reapply the sealant of course.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
Jordan is Offline
TotallyObsessed
Jordan is on a distinguished road
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,248
Thanks: 25
Thanked 350 Times in 315 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bath
   
Default 26th October 2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano View Post
Alot of the muck on wheels is brake dust so if you never use your brakes that should reduce the amount of dirt you get... not too practical though!!

I use poorboysworld wheel sealant - a few coats of that when the wheels are immaculate then it certainly helps. I found I was able to just rinse them down with the pressure washer once a week was enough to not have to get in and clean them properly... did have to reapply the sealant of course.
i also use poorboys wheel sealnt.

i use a good brake dust remover like auto finnese iron out. then wash with auto glym wheels cleaner, and then use HD wax over that and then sealant over that lol.

makes the dirty slip right off
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5 (permalink))
keano is Offline
totalAddict
keano is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 1,379
Thanks: 107
Thanked 361 Times in 326 Posts
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Town
   
Default 26th October 2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
i also use poorboys wheel sealnt.

i use a good brake dust remover like auto finnese iron out. then wash with auto glym wheels cleaner, and then use HD wax over that and then sealant over that lol.

makes the dirty slip right off
I was applying the poorboys stuff to brand new wheels so saved having to get everything off but, good shout on the layering up. The surface needs to be proper spotless to get the most out of the sealants....

When I had my old car done properly a while back they too used wax then sealant over the top - think it was a collinite heavy duty wax of some sort.

Worked a treat so nice tip Jordan
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6 (permalink))
yossa is Offline
totalBeginner
yossa is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Manchester
   
Default 26th October 2015, 09:36 AM

Anyone tried this The Alloy Wheel Protector / Brake Dust Barrier
  
Reply With Quote
rims never dirty?
Old
  (#7 (permalink))
Fartnugget is Offline
totalMember
Fartnugget is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 38
Thanks: 26
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Huntingdon
   
Default rims never dirty? - 26th October 2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossa View Post

There is a product half the price it's called wonder wheels sealant apply the same way etc I got one from Tesco for a fiver


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8 (permalink))
yossa is Offline
totalBeginner
yossa is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Manchester
   
Default 26th October 2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartnugget View Post
There is a product half the price it's called wonder wheels sealant apply the same way etc I got one from Tesco for a fiver


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and did it work?
  
Reply With Quote
rims never dirty?
Old
  (#9 (permalink))
Fartnugget is Offline
totalMember
Fartnugget is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 38
Thanks: 26
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Huntingdon
   
Default rims never dirty? - 26th October 2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossa View Post
and did it work?

Put it on yesterday and still clean lol but for a fiver give it ago


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  
Reply With Quote
rims never dirty?
Old
  (#10 (permalink))
stumini is Offline
totalBeginner
stumini is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 13
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Sep 2013
   
Default rims never dirty? - 26th October 2015, 07:15 PM

C5, most of it will jet wash off.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
clean, dirty, rims

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC2
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com