totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum

totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/)
-   MINI Countryman (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/39-mini-countryman/)
-   -   R60 JCW additional headlight fitment? (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/39-mini-countryman/15166-r60-jcw-additional-headlight-fitment.html)

pumpkinhead 20th April 2017 05:39 PM

R60 JCW additional headlight fitment?

Hi guys and gals I'm new on here and me and the wife are picking up our first ever new mini on Saturday.
She is a 2012 countryman JCW in Chile red with black roof and lounge leather.
I have already purchased a set of DRL's and will be fitting them next week.
My question is has anyone fitted the additional headlights (the spotlight type things in front of the grill) to a R60 JCW?
The reason I'm asking is I see you need a new grill with brackets to fit them on ones coopers and cooper S but I have not seen the grill and bracket kit for the JCW model.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

pumpkinhead 20th April 2017 07:08 PM

Update

Am i correct in thinking the JCW 0has the same grill as the Cooper S?

zf44 20th April 2017 09:25 PM

Hi welcome to the forum, the grilles for the JCW, Cooper S and Cooper SD are all the same.

pumpkinhead 20th April 2017 11:10 PM

Cheers

Thanks zf44
:tr:

7head 21st April 2017 11:40 PM

Hi pumpkinhead, welcome.

Let me know if you find any spot brackets for your R60 as I have not been able to find any to suit the S.... there are loads around but they all state "not suitable" for S or JCW.

I have the same year as you but in pure red.... hope you like yours as much as we like ours.

I fitted the DRL's myself as mini wanted silly money, it's a nice job to tackle and it took me about 4 hours as I went very carefully. To do it again would be quicker but slow and steady wins as there are lots of bits to remove.

If you can get the brackets for the extra spots before starting the DRL I would definitely do so as the whole front bumper has to be removed along with the wheel arch surround and liner in places.... not a job you want to have to repeat!

:)

pumpkinhead 22nd April 2017 12:22 AM

Hi 7head.
I will let you know what I find.
Been I lifelong mini fan new and old but my wife was never into them so when we saw this one and she liked it I jumped in with both feet lol.
Pick it up this morning can't wait.
Cheers for the advice I will fit both kits at the same time to save me duplicating a lot of the work.

zf44 22nd April 2017 09:08 AM

Gents, best to ping a message to the site sponsor, James at Cotswold MINI, to source the spotlight brackets. Also, worth paying the extra for the new MINI LED spotlights which will match your LED DRLs. The new spotlights work on a different relay and wiring loom rather than coventional halogen spotlights so best to buy in kit form.

7head 22nd April 2017 09:41 AM

Thanks zf... I really want the LED ones. I wonder if James will do a price on 2 kits if you want the same pumpkinhead?

I have posted a question in the Cotswold section.....will report back. :)

pumpkinhead 23rd April 2017 12:06 PM

After all that, her indoors has decided she dislikes spotlights and does not want them on our car ��. So it's just the DRL's for is I'm afraid.

maximillian 23rd April 2017 04:44 PM

Never mind the spotlights, does she like it?