totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum

totalMINI Forums - MINI Forum (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/)
-   Wanted (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/13-wanted/)
-   -   WANTED : Mini Countryman Cooper SD (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/13-wanted/15171-wanted-mini-countryman-cooper-sd.html)

joeyb 21st April 2017 01:16 PM

WANTED : Mini Countryman Cooper SD

Hi all,

On the lookout for a Countryman Cooper SD for the wife. Spec wish list below...

Manual
Panoramic Sunroof
Xenons
Auto sensing headlights / wipers
Cruise control / MFSW

Not too fussed about colour, preferably not black.

Cash waiting and willing to travel for the right car.

Cheers,
Joe

nicks 17th May 2017 10:55 AM

Are you having as much of a nightmare as I am looking? :blink:

7head 17th May 2017 07:01 PM

Out of interest, why are you chaps looking for the dirty Diesel? ;)

The Petrol S is a lovely drive and unless your mileages are over 15k a year its the cheaper option..... plenty more to choose from too!

Finman 18th May 2017 09:25 AM

I've been looking for similar myself, viewed several as well, seems to be a lot of 'basic' spec S's about people don't seem to have ticked the options list??

Did test a petrol S, found the performance lacking even with the sport button pressed. So was struggling to justify 30mpg without the matching performance.

So still looking for an SD.

Too many white ones as well!!

7head 18th May 2017 06:50 PM

You didn't like the performance of the petrol S? You'll be very disappointed in the SD then.... particularly as you will buy it willing to take at the reduced performance in exchange for the 50 odd mpg...... it won't achieve anywhere near its figures... most seem to average mid 30's unless you drive like miss daisy's chauffeur.

My S is a really nice drive and has a great turn of speed..... perhaps there was an issue with the one you drove!

zf44 19th May 2017 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finman (Post 167010)
I've been looking for similar myself, viewed several as well, seems to be a lot of 'basic' spec S's about people don't seem to have ticked the options list??

Those are either ex mobility or those operated by car rental companies, Enterprise Car Rental had wide range of MINIs to rent in their stock a few years back.

Finman 22nd May 2017 01:56 PM

Yes, a lot of ex mobility cars, mileage reasonable but no extras - first world problems!!

nicks 2nd June 2017 07:42 AM

Yup - I do huge mileage with work so no way i can have a petrol.
Need an SD in my life :hug:

zf44 2nd June 2017 02:02 PM

If the budget allows, head for a SD ALL4, this is our second SD ALL4 and we didn't find much of a difference compared to a SD. Very little difference in terms of insurance costs, road tax and mpg (our hovers around 50mpg with premium diesel) between the two with excellent handling on the ALL4.

nicks 5th June 2017 11:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up mate.

Been reading about the clutch issues on the older SD ALL4 models.

I'm not fussed either way, just want the spec and colour more than 4wd.